Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 53 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
July 5, 2022 at 3:03 pm #11607291

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is from our side, and it will not affect your plugin updates.

Have a nice day, and I apologize for the delay in response.

Thanks!

Kor

July 12, 2022 at 2:24 pm #11651763

walkmew

Hello Kor,

We are getting same issue again with new Job ID that is: 1179177

You have fixed this issue at your end on July 5, 2022. And now we are getting the same issue again. Here is the link: hidden link

URL with job ID 1179177 returning the following error response:

{"status":{"code":100,"message":"A general error occurred. It could be a temporary issue.\nPlease try again after a few minutes.\nIf problem persists please visit our support forum for help.\n","debug":"no implicit conversion of nil into String"},"response":null}

Please let me the root cause in the detail of the issue and fix it permanently as soon as possible.

Thanks

July 12, 2022 at 5:45 pm #11653263

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I've just forwarded your message to our devs and they will look into this for you as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

Kor

July 15, 2022 at 4:44 am #11671659

walkmew

Hello Kor,

I have not received any response from you. Please update asap.

Thanks

July 15, 2022 at 5:04 am #11671691

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

Sorry for not following up accordingly. I've checked the report, and our devs mentioned that they had fixed this batch and they said it would work for the rest. Could you give it a try now?

Thanks!

Kor

July 15, 2022 at 6:31 am #11671859

walkmew

Thank you Kor for you reply.

I will check and let you know the update asap.
Can you please tell me the issue root cause in detail and make sure that the same problem will not happen again.

July 15, 2022 at 6:43 am #11671897

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

This is fixed on our server side and there isn't anything we can do on your end. But please report back if you encounter any issues related.

Thanks!

Kor

July 18, 2022 at 7:56 am #11683399

walkmew

Hey Kor,

It's third time when we are getting the same issue again with new Job ID that is: 1212039.
URL: hidden link

{"status":{"code":100,"message":"A general error occurred. It could be a temporary issue.\nPlease try again after a few minutes.\nIf problem persists please visit our support forum for help.\n","debug":"no implicit conversion of nil into String"},"response":null}

Why we are getting the same issue again and again. My Manager is asking me every-time regarding this issue and its root cause. If there is any issue at my end please tell me so that I can fix that thing on my side. This is getting frustrating. It is happening with every new job id.
Isn't there a one-time solution?

Please update soon.

July 18, 2022 at 8:32 am #11683663

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I've just forwarded your feedback to our devs, and they will investigate this further. So sorry for the ongoing unresolved issue and I will come back to you once I've feedback.

Thanks!

Kor

July 19, 2022 at 5:57 pm #11695639

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Sorry for any inconveniences, this is Ahmed Ibrahim from the tp integration team and I will help you with this issue.

As I can see here that TP isn't able to get the translated file from the service at the first time so we run a batch to re-download the file and it works the second time.

It is weird why this happened, and as I can see that this job has been created on 2022-05-20

So in order to collect some data please resend the post in job 1212039 again for translation and ask Lilt to re-translate using translation memory after they complete it let me know and I will try to download the translation myself to track the issue from the beginning and see if I what is causing it.

Best regards,
Ahmed Ibrahim.

July 20, 2022 at 7:16 am #11697939

walkmew

Hello Team,

Can't you connect with the LILT support directly to get this resolved soon?

July 20, 2022 at 5:42 pm #11703769

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi, and sorry for any inconvenience.

The thing is that I can't replicate this with a clean installation, I tries many times and everything works as expected when sending jobs to lilt.

So for now I'm trying to track the logs to collect data about any infected jobs to repair them

I have already repaired some including the last one reported.

For now, It is hard for me to know what happened to the old jobs, I spend a lot of time checking the logs and from what I can see that there was an issue with the translated XLIFF files related to the source and target languages but it doesn't appear anymore as when I redownload to the hub server now it works.

So as I can't replicate it in my installation, I want to resend a new job from your live site and see if this issue will be replicated or not, so can you please do this, and I will arrange the rest with the Lilt team.

Best regards,
Ahmed Ibrahim.

July 21, 2022 at 11:19 am #11709617

walkmew

Hello Ahmad,

We would like to keep LILT in the loop as well. Kindly share your email id so that all 3 of us can be in sync regarding this issue.

Thanks.

July 22, 2022 at 5:52 pm #11721771

walkmew

Hello Ahmad,

Thank you for your email id.
We have sent a fresh post to LILT service for translation and inform to LILT support person to take this job on prioritize.

They will inform to us and you via email once they will complete the translation process and I will also inform you through ticket.

Thanks

July 25, 2022 at 3:25 pm #11734623

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the update, and once I get confirmation about the job translation I will complete the investigation.

Best regards,
Ahmed Ibrahim.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.