Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
April 4, 2019 at 4:57 am #3532083

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I see a workaround, I have requested the developers for clarification on this regard. This is actually a change in our database table structure. A permanent fix might take some time not sure about the exact deadline since we have to look into other effects of the change.

I will update you with the workaround soon probably by tomorrow.

Kind regards
Raja

April 5, 2019 at 9:29 am #3542603

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

I have checked with the developer the workaround may have some performance implications since it requires increasing the character limit of the column "filed_name" in the icl_translation table which is not a recommended way for the issue.

Since the issue requires inspecting the core aspects of the plugin, We are unable to give you a definite deadline as the issue involves adding fix without affecting any other core systems.

At this moment we can only recommend limited length for field name including repeater fields (maximum allowed field name length is 160 characters).

Kind regards
Raja

April 23, 2019 at 4:02 pm #3665897

robertE-2

At this point, I've refactored the code to shorten the field length and no longer need assistance.

Since this issue resulted in a silent failure without any indication to the user that the field length was the culprit, I would recommend adding this parameter (i.e. field name length) and any other similar parameters or limitations to the ACFML documentation.

Thanks!

April 24, 2019 at 4:00 am #3669197

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

HI there,

Glad you found a workaround, Thanks for the suggestion, However, the issue is not actually related only to ACF fields but related to core translation management field length. The issue is still in our developer's queue Since the fix needs to be done in core database field length which might affect performance we are considering all possibilities. We will definitely update the documentation accordingly.

Kind regards
Raja