Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by emilioB-5 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
September 1, 2020 at 12:19 pm #6915253

emilioB-5

WPML does not apply the right template for translated languajes

September 2, 2020 at 3:44 pm #6927659

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I can confirm that you can assign different templates by switching to a secondary language using admin language switcher. So here will be steps to assign different template to secondary language page:

1. Uncheck the ‘Synchronize page template’ checkbox from WPML >> Settings >> Posts and pages synchronization.

2. Go to Page/Post list page.

3. Select the secondary language using admin language switcher.

4. Open the page as Edit mode.

5. Choose the Template.

6. Press an update button.

Thank you

default language template.png
secondary lang template.png
September 2, 2020 at 4:56 pm #6928081

emilioB-5

Hallo, but the issue is that I am using automatic translation to translate many pages from Spanish to English. So it is a huge work to assign manually each template for the translated language. I thought that WPML provided such functionality.

September 3, 2020 at 8:26 am #6932461

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

You can assign a specific template in bulk by following below steps:

1. Go to Pages >> All Pages.
2. Select the secondary language from the admin language switcher.
3. Select the post/page you would like to edit and click the “Quick Edit” link.
4. The “Quick Edit” panel will open in the index of posts or pages on your site. Within this panel, you can select the ‘Edit’ option and press an Apply button.
5. Then choose the required Template and press an Update button as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Thank you

bulk update template.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.