Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client wanted to edit the HTML markup of a Contact Form that had been translated into four additional languages but was unable to access the translations.

Solution:
We informed the client that it is not possible to directly edit the translations of Gravity Forms. Instead, the client needs to update the form in the main language and then resend the form for translation. We provided a link to the documentation that explains the process: Gravity Forms Multilingual.

For the issue regarding some form dropdowns not being translated, we created a separate ticket to address that specific problem, as per our support policy of handling one issue per ticket. The new ticket can be found here: Gravity Forms dropdown translation issue.

Please note that the solution provided might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues at WPML Known Issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you need further assistance, please visit our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.99 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
April 10, 2024 at 11:11 am #15504099

Louise Fox

Hi WPML,

Tell us what you are trying to do?

The Contact Form has been translated into 4 additional languages, but I want to edit these and add some HTML markup.
However I can't access the translations as I get the following screenshot where WPML says the content hasn't been translated.
Please advise?

What is the link to your site?

Here are all the versions of the contact form:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 12.06.35.png
April 10, 2024 at 11:16 am #15504148

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Please take a look at the following existing ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-edit-a-translated-gravity-form/

Things work differently - this is the procedure:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Mihai Apetrei

April 10, 2024 at 11:20 am #15504172
Louise Fox

Also it may be related - please can you advise why some of the form drop-downs are translated and others are not?

The first question here on NL form is translated
But the second and third questions are not

(I'm aware the account has run out of pre-paid translation credits, and have requested the company add more credit, however this form was created a long time ago and almost certainly before the credits ran out)

Many thanks!

New threads created by Mihai Apetrei and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-gravityforms-some-of-the-form-drop-downs-are-translated-and-others-are-not/

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 12.16.42.png
April 10, 2024 at 11:25 am #15504230

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Per our Support Policy, we can handle only one issue/request per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

I created a new ticket for you in regard to the new issue at the URL below for the second situation that you mentioned:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-gravityforms-some-of-the-form-drop-downs-are-translated-and-others-are-not/

You will be notified via email when there's an answer to that ticket, too.

Also, can you please mark this current ticket as resolved?

Thank you.

Mihai

April 10, 2024 at 7:52 pm #15506349

Louise Fox

Thanks for the advice - I can't complete the steps until the company tops up their credits though.
I will mark this as resolved once I've been able to finish the steps (assuming no issues)

April 10, 2024 at 9:15 pm #15506538

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and welcome back.

In this ticket, we handled this unique request:

"The Contact Form has been translated into 4 additional languages, but I want to edit these and add some HTML markup.
However I can't access the translations"

There is no way to "edit" the gravity forms translation, you can only update the one from the main language and then re-send the form for translation.

I created a new ticket here (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-gravityforms-some-of-the-form-drop-downs-are-translated-and-others-are-not/) where the other unique issue will be handled:

"please can you advise why some of the form drop-downs are translated and others are not?
The first question here on NL form is translated
But the second and third questions are not"

So, the situation mentioned initially in this ticket has been tackled already.

That is why I created a new ticket.

This current ticket will be closed automatically after a few days, no worries, you don't have to mark it as resolved if you don't want to at the moment.

Have a lovely rest of the day and good luck with the project!

April 15, 2024 at 9:10 am #15518416

Louise Fox

Thanks for the instructions, I'm blocked on testing this until the account owner adds more translation credits. Will let you know when I'm able to test!

April 16, 2024 at 10:16 am #15524121

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Sure, no worries.

Get back when you can.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.