Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing issues with displaying only one flag in the language switcher on your website, such that when the site is in Croatian, only the English flag is visible, and vice versa.
Solution:
We recommend following these steps:
1. Navigate to the WPML >> Languages page.
2. Click on the 'Edit language switcher' icon.
3. In the language switcher settings popup, disable the 'Current language' option and press the save button.
This adjustment will ensure that only the opposite language's flag is displayed in the language switcher.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
September 1, 2024 at 2:32 pm #16129102

matijaG-2

Hi

Can I manage the flags of the language to be visible just one flag? What I mean is that when the web is in croatian language you can see only english flag and opposite.

Is there an option for that?

Thanks

September 1, 2024 at 2:37 pm #16129103

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You can achieve it by following the below steps:

1. Go to the WPML >> Languages page.
2. Click on the Edit language switcher icon as you can see in the attached screenshot.
3. Disable the “Current language” from the language switcher settings popup and press the save button as you can see in the attached screenshot.

And now it will display only the opposite language in the language switcher.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue or if you need further assistance with this issue.
Thank you

disabled current language checkbox.png
Edit language switcher.png
September 1, 2024 at 3:18 pm #16129169

matijaG-2

Hey,

it works on desktop version but mobile version still shows both flags?

Can you please check?

Thansk

elementor both flags.jpeg
mobile both flags.png
September 1, 2024 at 3:59 pm #16129299

Noman
Supporter

I’ve noticed that the mobile language switcher is added using the Elementor language switcher widget which has a known issue: https://wpml.org/errata/elementor-its-not-possible-to-fully-customize-wpml-language-switchers-widget/

So, I followed the workaround from the above errata and now it shows the opposite language in language switcher correctly.

Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you

opposite language in language switcher.png
September 1, 2024 at 4:05 pm #16129319

matijaG-2

Now it looks good.

Thanks a lot Noman

God bless.

September 2, 2024 at 7:26 am #16130172

Noman
Supporter

I'm glad it looks good now!

Please mark this ticket as resolved, and feel free to create a new chat/ticket if you need anything in the future. We’d be happy to help!

Thank you

September 2, 2024 at 7:55 am #16130288

matijaG-2

Bravo Noman!

September 6, 2024 at 6:58 pm #16150326

matijaG-2

Hi Noman,

can you please fix a language flag?

It should be just one visible.

Thanks a lot

flags issue.jpeg
September 8, 2024 at 6:09 am #16152085

Noman
Supporter

As the mobile language switcher is added using the Elementor language switcher widget which has a known issue with only showing the opposite language in language switcher.

Can you please try to follow the workaround from the errata page below: https://wpml.org/errata/elementor-its-not-possible-to-fully-customize-wpml-language-switchers-widget/ and see if this resolves the issue.

If the issue persists, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

I’ve enabled a private input box for your next reply.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to deactivate and reactivate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

matijaG-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-15 10:25:27.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.