Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported that the support links in email notifications for WPML forum tickets were not directing to the specific comment in the forum thread as they used to.

Solution:
We acknowledged the issue and forwarded the details to our systems team for investigation. After the systems team implemented the necessary changes, we asked the client to verify if the email links for forum ticket notifications were now functioning correctly.

If this solution doesn't seem relevant to your issue, please don't hesitate to open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
November 2, 2023 at 2:56 pm #14718085

Chainalysis

About to recreate and escalate to the systems team

November 2, 2023 at 10:36 pm #14721443

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I do have a question about your reported issue regarding the support ticket notification e-mails.

I created a test ticket with only one page and even there the e-mail notification link will only redirect me to the ticket URL.

Example:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/links-about-replies-in-wpml-org-forum-tickets-are-not-pointing-to-the-correct-comment/

It is not redirecting to any comment, like:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/links-about-replies-in-wpml-org-forum-tickets-are-not-pointing-to-the-correct-comment/#post-14718085

My question:

Are you reporting a bug, which means that in the past the e-mail notification included a button link that redirected you to the latest reply on the ticket?

If not, then take note that this would be a feature request for the systems team which I will be glad to forward accordingly.

I only would need your confirmation first if we are handling a feature request or a bug.

Further, I have escalated this request to the systems team for further revision and I will be in contact again once I receive their feedback.

Best regards
Andreas

November 3, 2023 at 4:46 pm #14727435

Chainalysis

Hi Andres, yes, in the past, support links used to load the relevant items in question.

So a link like this example that you shared:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/links-about-replies-in-wpml-org-forum-tickets-are-not-pointing-to-the-correct-comment/#post-14718085

Would actually go to "#post-14718085" in the past, but now it does not.

November 3, 2023 at 4:56 pm #14727459

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided information which I have forwarded to the systems team.

Once I receive feedback from their end I will be in contact again.

Bets regards
Andreas

January 10, 2024 at 2:23 pm #15169344

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I received the notification that our systems team has made the requested changes regarding your request.

Could you please test yourself and confirm if the e-mail links for forum ticket notifications now work as expected?

Best regards
Andreas

January 11, 2024 at 9:00 pm #15176590

Chainalysis

Hi Andreas, it's fixed now, thank you!

January 12, 2024 at 11:42 am #15178708

Andreas W.
Supporter

Thank you for your confirmation!

Have a nice weekend!

Chainalysis confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-01-16 14:39:26.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.