Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 15, 2024 at 5:13 pm #16075612

claudiaP-16

Background of the issue:
I use WPML on the site hidden link and I have several forms made with Elementor. All of them are translated and working fine. However, I have a form that is global and is used on several different pages, such as hidden link and hidden link. These pages are originally in PT-BR and are translated into EN and ES. The form has all the fields translated and appears fine with the translated fields.

Symptoms:
The error messages and redirects for these translated forms are appearing in PT-BR. For example, in EN instead of redirecting to hidden link it is redirecting to hidden link.

Questions:
Why are the error messages and redirects for the translated forms appearing in PT-BR instead of the respective languages?
How can I ensure that the error messages and redirects for the translated forms appear in the correct language?
see video here: hidden link

August 15, 2024 at 7:44 pm #16076068

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing the screencast of the issue!

Regarding the custom messages, please see the following errata documentation as we do have a known issue with the global widgets and messages:

https://wpml.org/errata/elementor-pro-global-form-widget-custom-messages-are-not-translated/

Regarding the redirection issue, please open the ATE editor and at the top left use the search area to search for the redirection URL and translate it.

https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-translate-urls-shortcodes-and-html-attributes-using-the-advanced-translation-editor/

Let me know your results, please.

August 16, 2024 at 12:37 pm #16078290

claudiaP-16

Hi, about the redirection issue... as I showed in the video (minute 2:10), the redirect url is translated. I found the url precisely through the search field (I always do it that way). The rest of the forms that aren't global work fine. So I don't know what I'm missing...

August 17, 2024 at 7:05 am #16079670

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem translating elementor's global form’ is closed to new replies.