Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
12:00 – 20:00 12:00 – 20:00 12:00 – 20:00 12:00 – 20:00 12:00 – 20:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 16 hours, 13 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
September 29, 2024 at 10:19 am #16233004

stephanosP

Hi,

Just updated everything but even more things that broke now on single listing page.

Now on the single listing page the headers also don't get translated. "Overzicht" - "Locatie", "Contact" and also information below "Contact" is all in dutch.

So the issues on the "Aanbod (NL - Fine)/Gamme (FR)/Inventory(EN)" pages.

September 29, 2024 at 10:39 am #16233029

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I can see the issue on the single listing pages: hidden link

To take a closer look at this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to deactivate and reactivate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is essential.

Thank you

September 29, 2024 at 5:16 pm #16233610

Noman
Supporter

Thank you for providing the login details. I’ve taken a look at the issue, and it seems that the listing templates are controlled from Motors Plugin >> Listing Templates. While all language templates are listed here, the translated templates for the secondary languages are not showing as expected.

I attempted to translate the Elementor listing template ID via WPML >> String Translation, but unfortunately, this didn’t resolve the issue. I also tried the XML method by adding the following XML to WPML >> Settings > Custom XML Configuration:

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="mvl_single_listing_template_settings">
      <key name="single_listing_template" />
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

However, it still loads the same template across all languages.

I suspect there might be a compatibility issue between the Motors theme/plugin and WPML. To confirm this and escalate the issue to our compatibility team, we need to replicate the issue on a fresh WordPress installation.

Could you please follow the steps below to replicate the issue on a fresh WP site:

1. Login to the fresh WP site by clicking on the auto login URL:
hidden link

2. Install the Motors theme.

3. Install Elementor, the Motors theme bundled plugins, and configure them as you did on your current site.

4. Set up WPML and these plugins the same way they are configured on your site.

5. Create a single listing page and attempt to translate it. Let me know the results.

Please note that we only need the theme/plugin functionality mentioned above; there’s no need to set up a full site or clone your existing one.

Please let me know the results,
Thank you for your cooperation and patience

September 30, 2024 at 8:11 pm #16237592

stephanosP

Hi,

I'll have to do this tomorrow. Once done I'll update you!

October 1, 2024 at 6:19 am #16238382

Noman
Supporter

No problem! Just let me know when it's done, and I’ll take it from there.

Thank you for your cooperation