Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.39 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lucas Vidal de Andrade 2 days, 6 hours ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
September 19, 2024 at 3:02 pm #16199777

kirillG-2

Background of the issue:
I am trying to publish variable products translations.

Symptoms:
Translations are not published automatically and are kept as concepts. Instead of seeing translated variable products, I get the product in the initial language. I have to publish translations one by one using the product edit page and switching languages there.

Questions:
Why are translations not published automatically?
How can I publish variable products translations without doing it one by one?

September 19, 2024 at 6:47 pm #16200589

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

By default, this is the expected behavior of WPML. Post statuses are updated independently, between original and translations.

At the moment, we have no plans for providing this feature.

However, if you don't need a fancy solution, you may want to look at this small plugin (please, before using it, read the disclaimer in the README.md file):
hidden link

The plugin, once installed and activated, will keep the post status of the translations in sync with the original.

If you need more than the feature the plugin provides, you are free to fork it and create a version that suits your need.
You can also hire a contractor if you prefer.

September 19, 2024 at 7:28 pm #16200663

kirillG-2

Hi, thank you very much for your quick response. As a matter of fact, this bug appeared quite recently and I attribute it to the new look of the translations area this plugin. Maybe the "translated" button has a bug preventing the translations from being published and keeping them in the database as concepts . Earlier, the products translations were published automatically, single or variable.

Ok, I will do it manually every time from now on or change the statuses through the database with my own plugin. But I think that we pay for this plugin and can expect everything to work fine without any additional unnecessary effort from our side.

September 19, 2024 at 8:22 pm #16200733

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

As I said, this is the default WPML behavior, not a bug. We do not offer the option to sync translations, and never have. I just tested on a fresh install, with the latest version of WPML:

hidden link

You can check it yourself. I also tested with previous versions of WPML, on other occasions. There was probably some external factor causing a different behavior on your website if there was any.

Based on this only, WPML is behaving as expected. Please let me know if you have any questions.