Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing issues with the Mega Menu not displaying correctly in different languages using the Avada theme on their multilingual site.
Solution:
We created a minimal installation of WordPress, WPML, and necessary add-ons to replicate the issue. We discovered that for the Mega Menu to display correctly in each language, the client needs to manually select the appropriate Mega Menu layout for each menu item in the language-specific menu settings. For example, in the English menu, go to the menu item and select the correct Mega Menu layout from the Avada options. This solution was verified by selecting the 'Services' menu item, which then displayed correctly.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your specific case, we recommend opening a new support ticket. Additionally, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 5 days, 7 hours ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
September 20, 2024 at 6:49 am

alexandrosK-5

Background of the issue:
I have three major issues that I need assistance with urgently. I tried to use the 'Translate All' feature and paid $80 because I'm in a hurry. My client is very disappointed because he needs the translation completed today. I've been using Avada and WPML for many years, and this is the first time I'm facing these issues. You can make changes directly on the live site—I have a backup.

Symptoms:
1. I can't translate the mega menu text and links. Screenshot: hidden link 2. The featured images are not showing up on pages. Examples: hidden link hidden link 3. When I press 'Complete Translation,' the process never finishes.

Questions:
How can I translate the mega menu text and links?
Why are the featured images not appearing on the translated pages?
How can I resolve the issue where 'Complete Translation' never finishes?

September 20, 2024 at 7:18 am
September 20, 2024 at 8:15 am #16201581

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I created a minimal installation of WordPress, WPML, and all necessary WPML add-ons, and themes.

You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:

- hidden link

Try to replicate the issue with a simple example page.

This will help us to report the probable issue to the compatibility team and solve the possible problem faster.

Regards,

Drazen

September 20, 2024 at 9:44 am #16202194

alexandrosK-5

I am sorry but I cant do it. The site is live and I have a backup. Proseed with the live site.

September 20, 2024 at 10:38 am #16202433

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

we do not need a live website or a backup of the website, we can not do debugging on your liver website. If you can help and try to reproduce a simple example on a shared website, I can check and if needed escalate to our developers.

I have already tried to check your website, and with guess somehow got an 80% understanding of how you are creating this structure, since you have not been able to share it with me. And since I was not able to translate it might be a bug.

For speedier resolution and better understanding, please take 10-15 minutes and try to reproduce the same simple example, to check if the issue happens, and share the exact steps with me. This is needed for us to be able to help with mega menu issue and continue on this ticket.

Thanks,
Drazen

September 20, 2024 at 2:06 pm #16203318

alexandrosK-5

I don’t understand your point! I have no issue spending 15 minutes to do what you suggested. I’ve already spent hours trying to fix this problem, and as I mentioned, I’ve spent a lot of money to get this resolved as soon as possible. The reason I haven’t done what you asked is that I can’t do it, not because I don’t want to.

1. I’m experiencing an issue with the Mega Menus, as I mentioned earlier.

2. How can I resolve the issue where 'Complete Translation' never finishes? Here’s an example:

Page: hidden link
Screenshot: hidden link

3. The featured images are not showing up on certain pages. Here are some examples:

hidden link
hidden link

4. Some text on all pages is not being translated automatically from English to Greek as the plugin promises. Example:

hidden link

I am experiencing the same problem outlined here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-after-vikwp-plugin-update/ , and one of your colleagues previously took a full backup and tried to assist me.

Please do the same, as I can’t do anything more on my end.

I don’t understand why WPML support has become so difficult.

September 20, 2024 at 2:35 pm #16203416

alexandrosK-5

I checked the box that says, 'Hide languages: You can completely hide content in specific languages from visitors and search engines, but still view it yourself. This allows you to review translations that are in progress' for English. You can re-enable it when you're ready to assist me!

September 23, 2024 at 6:15 am #16207411

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

as I have mentioned in the chat, this ticket is for an issue with Mega Menu, for any other issue or doubt please open a new chat/ticket. As per our policy we limit 1 issue per ticket to keep things clear.

Please share admin access so I can take a Duplicator package of your website and check further issue with Mega menu or share the backup as explained here:

- https://wpml.org/pt-br/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Drazen

September 23, 2024 at 7:16 am
September 23, 2024 at 12:02 pm #16209323

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks I will now proceed to migrate a copy and check further, I will update you when I have some news.

As for copies for other issues, I can not tell, maybe some issues get solved on the spot, can be reproduced on sandbox, there is a known fix and etc. I advise you to follow in new chats and we will be glad to help.

Regards,
Drazen

September 23, 2024 at 12:03 pm #16209325

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks, I will proceed now to migrate a copy and check further. I will update you when I have some news.

As for copies for other issue, I can not tell, maybe some have workarounds, or quick fixes, or can be reproduced and easily solved on the test site. Please continue in new chat and we will be glad to help.

Regards,
Drazen

September 23, 2024 at 12:31 pm #16209604

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for waiting.

I have taken a copy and managed to find the problem.

So basically, you are creating a mega menu layout template via Avada and then using it inside the regular WP menu. For your default language, you have gone to each menu item and chose which mega menu template to show there. You need to do the same for the EN menu, go to your EN menu, and in the appropriate menu item from the Avada option select the correct mega menu layout. I have selected Services and it works fine. Image attached.

Screenshot (8) 2.jpeg
Screenshot (7).png
September 23, 2024 at 6:49 pm #16211470
alexandrosK-5

Thanks! The problem is solved because of your help!

I have 3 more issues for the same site. Do you really want me to open 3 separate tickets?? Does that mean I have to create four clones for four different support representatives? How does that make sense? Please help me!

2. How can I resolve the issue where 'Complete Translation' never finishes? Here’s an example:

Page: hidden link

3. The featured images are not showing up on certain pages. Here are some examples:

hidden link
hidden link

4. Some text on all pages is not being translated automatically from English to Greek as the plugin promises. Example:

hidden link

September 24, 2024 at 5:51 am #16212390

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for confirming.

You do not need 4 representatives or 4 copies, we will ask for more info about issues to know what is wrong and what is happening in new tickets.

I have opened new tickets for each of your issues, and one of my colleagues will take and continue to help:

- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-complete-translation-never-finishes/
- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-the-featured-images-are-not-showing-up-on-certain-pages/
- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-some-text-on-all-pages-is-not-being-translated-automatically/

I will be closing this ticket since the original issue was resolved.

Kind regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.