Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing issues with translating individual words in the Animated Headline Widget from Elementor using WPML, where the plugin treats all the words as one long sentence instead of recognizing them as individual strings, resulting in the translated version displaying all the words together rather than rotating them.
Solution:
We recommend the following steps:
1. View the translated version of your page.
2. Click on "edit with Elementor" from the WordPress topbar to open the translation in the Elementor editor.
3. Manually edit the widget to add the translations for each word and then update.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.30 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 19, 2024 at 2:23 pm #16084045

davidS-322

Background of the issue:
I’m currently facing an issue with translating content on my WordPress site built with Elementor. Specifically, I am using the Animated Headline Widget from Elementor, where several words rotate every few seconds. When I try to translate these words using WPML, the plugin treats all the words as one long sentence instead of recognizing them as individual strings. This results in the translated version displaying all the words together, rather than rotating them as in the original language. Here’s what I’ve tried so far: Checked the String Translation settings in WPML, but the widget strings appear as a single string rather than separate words.

Symptoms:
The translated version displays all the words together, rather than rotating them as in the original language.

Questions:
How can I properly translate the individual words within the Animated Headline Widget using WPML so they continue to function as intended?

August 20, 2024 at 3:24 am #16085601

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

When you are editing with Elementor, view all the elements, you will notice that there are element groups, for example some are from Elementor PRO, others are from Elementor (FREE), some most likely from the theme.

Which group do you see the animated headline widget you are using under?

A quick workaround you can try is the following:

1. View the translated version in the front end
2. On the WordPress topbar click on "edit with Elementor"
3. This will open the translation in the Elementor editor
4. Manually edit the widget and add the translation then update

Let me know your results, please.

August 20, 2024 at 3:55 pm #16087740

davidS-322

Thank you for your fast reply, Bobby!

The Animated Headline widget is part of "Pro" group.

Anyway, the quick workaround did the trick and everything seems to be working 🙂

Thank you!

davidS-322 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-20 15:55:43.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.