Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.64 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 10:00 8:00 – 10:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 11:00 – 17:00 11:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mattiaD-7 2 days, 13 hours ago.

Assisted by: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 17, 2024 at 3:36 pm #16189692

mattiaD-7

Background of the issue:
I'm trying to view some images in a Gallery module binded to the ACF PRO gallery field using Divi as theme builder. Specifically, I'd like to see those images inside a post layout.

Symptoms:
Images in the ACF Gallery are not displaying as expected in the post layout.

Questions:
How can I display images from the ACF PRO gallery field in a post layout using Divi?
Are there specific settings in WPML that need to be configured to support ACF Gallery fields?

September 18, 2024 at 3:01 pm #16194207

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

I took a look at your staging site and noticed that the section that shows the dymanic gallery is missing if you edit the English theme builder template. Please see attached screenshots below. How do I add the dynamic gallery to the English theme builder template?

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 11.00.57 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 11.00.17 AM.png
September 18, 2024 at 4:18 pm #16194732

mattiaD-7

Hi Lauren, I checked and I can see a gallery directly under the breadcrumb. You can check the layout at this page: hidden link

Can you see it? See the attached screenshot.

Thank you very much.
Best,
Mattia

Screenshot 2024-09-18 alle 18.16.47.jpg
Screenshot 2024-09-18 alle 18.17.07.jpg
Screenshot 2024-09-18 alle 18.15.40.jpg
September 20, 2024 at 9:11 pm #16204150

Lauren
Supporter

I'm still trying to locate the issue with the images. Is it okay if I turn your staging site to minimal settings? Meaning, disable all non WPML plugins (except for ACF) and switch to a default theme temporarily?

September 23, 2024 at 5:25 am #16207325

mattiaD-7

Hi Lauren, thanks for your answer. Of course. Fell free to do what you need with the staging environment.
Thank you again for your support.

Mattia

September 23, 2024 at 8:31 pm #16211790

Lauren
Supporter

I now have your site set to minimal settings, but now I am no longer seeing the correct images in either language. So it seems this is related to a conflict with a 3rd party plugin. Do you know which one was used to set the galleries up? (Aside from ACF, of course - that one is still active).

September 24, 2024 at 5:36 am #16212378

mattiaD-7

Hello! To make the gallery dynamic in the theme builder layout I'm using the "Divi Dynamic Helper" plugin (hidden link). The gallery is the default one that comes with the Divi theme and with the Divi Dynamic Helper plugin I'm able to dynamically set post images to the gallery module. However I followed the documentation at the link above. I tried all the 3 ways it indicates: a textual field with the list of IDs, the ACF group with some images inside and at last the ACF pro with the Gallery field. If it can helps you I'm using the Divi Dynamic Helper even for the Google Maps coordinates (ACF field).

Hope this helps, thank you.
Best,
Mattia

September 24, 2024 at 9:59 pm #16217691

Lauren
Supporter

I"m thinking this may be a compatibility issue with Divi Dynamic Helper. If we can confirm this, I can escalate to our compatibility team. So, I have set up a fresh install and installed Divi, ACF and WPML. I created a standard gallery and I can see the images copied as expected in both langauges.

What I would like you do to is install a copy of your Divi Dynamic Helper and try to reproduce the issue here. YOu can use this link to login: hidden link

Please let me know once this is done and if the same issue is happening here, we can escalate this to our team and try and get a solution or reach out to the plugin author.

September 25, 2024 at 6:59 am #16218259

mattiaD-7

Hello! thank you for the fresh install. I installed the Divi Dynamic Helper with a valid license key, configured in ACF the "Museum" custom post type and configured in the Divi Theme Builder the layout for all the museums with just a divi default gallery module in it. However my ACF pro subscription is limited to one website. Do you have an ACF PRO subscription you can upgrade ACF in this sandbox website so that I can insert a gallery custom field in the new Museum custom post type?

Your test is working but it's made in a page where no dynamic content is involved. I think we should proceed testing the gallery module inside a Divi layout.

Furthermore I saw that in WPML options there is no media translation voice. Why?

Thank you very much.
Best,
Mattia

September 25, 2024 at 5:51 pm #16222205

Lauren
Supporter

I have installed and activated ACF Pro on the test site. As for Media Translation, that add on only needs to be active if you want to use different images per language. I believe we are trying to test copying the images, but if you need me to install the Media Translation add on just let me know and I"ll be happy to add it.

September 26, 2024 at 6:12 am #16223147

mattiaD-7

Hi! Thank you very much. I managed to create a Gallery ACF field associated to the Museum custom post type. I set the field "not translatable" in the WPML settings (setting the expert configuration in the ACF pro configuration). Then:
1. I created a museum in english setting the images to the gallery field
2. I went in the Museums list and I added the italian translation. The WPML advanced editor appeared and I manually inserted the string translation proposed. The italian version of my museum was created succesfully. Here's a problem. If I select the italian version of my museum the gallery field is empty. I don't expect is empty since I set the field not translatable. Am I get it right?
3. I edit anyway my "all museums layout" in the Divi Theme Builder setting the dynamic gallery field with the ACF Pro gallery field just created. I didn't explicitly translate the layout (so I think there would be a unique version of the "all museums layout" for both languages).

The behavior is the same as my website: the gallery images appears only in the english language (the default one), but not in italian.
What I don't understand apart from Divi is why I don't see the gallery images in the translated museum.

---- Media Translation -------
Regarding to the Media Translation I only need to adapt the alternative text for the images based on the language. I don't want an image to have the same alternative text for both languages in order to make understandable in both languages, but I'd like to keep the same images. I don't know if the Media Translation plugin is the right way to to that or not.

Now the sandbox website is in the state outlined in this message, so it's all testable

Thanks for your support.

Mattia

September 26, 2024 at 9:15 pm #16227556

Lauren
Supporter

Setting the ACF field as not translatable usually makes it not available in the second language. Have you tried setting it to Copy or Translatable? Please test that and see if there is any difference.

September 27, 2024 at 6:01 am #16228141

mattiaD-7

Hi! Wow! Setting the gallery field to "copy" in WPML settings makes the gallery works on your sandbox site! Thank you!!!
It didn't work immediately:
1. I changed the setting in WPML settings
2. Without editing the gallery field in the english museum (I emptied it), save the english museum, re-edit the gallery re-filling the gallery, the italian translation didn't refresh in the backoffice and hence in the website. Maybe the field modifications after the change translation option needed an explicit save to refresh?

However it seems that the integration between Divi Dynamic Helper and WPML works.

Now I need to have the alternative text of the images in the gallery translated based on the selected language. As for my knowledge when I upload an image in the WordPress media library I can set just an alternative text, so in my website I thought that your Media translation plugin did for me to set an alternative text for each language but the default one. Am I did it right or there is another way to localize the alternative text of the images in my media library?

If I did it right on my website can you please install on the sandbox wesbite even the Media translation plugin to reproduce the same situation as my website?

Thank you very much for your support! We're getting closer to the solution!!!