Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are experiencing issues with items not persisting in the cart after page changes when the WPML multicurrency feature is enabled. The problem occurs specifically when the 'PixelYourSite' plugin is activated, particularly its 'add to cart tracking' feature.
Solution:
We recommend disabling the 'add to cart tracking' feature within the 'PixelYourSite' plugin as this has resolved the issue for other users. Additionally, since 'PixelYourSite' is not on our list of compatible plugins, you might consider contacting the plugin author and suggesting they join our GoGlobal program where we can assist in ensuring compatibility. For further insights, you can also check the workaround discussed in the WordPress support forum: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/product-disappear-in-the-cart/

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to updates or differences in your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should you need further assistance, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.86 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
July 17, 2024 at 8:26 am #15964658

grzegorzC-5

Background of the issue:
I am trying to add a second or more items to the cart, but the items do not persist after changing the page.
All plugins on my page have been updated and when I disable wpml multicurrency feature everything works fine.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Symptoms:
Sometimes the items disappear from the cart after being added.

Questions:
Why do items disappear from the cart after being added?
How can I ensure that items stay in the cart after changing the page?

July 17, 2024 at 8:51 am #15964837

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

here is the ticket, please test if the issue still happens for you:

1) When only WPML plugins and WooCommerce activated, all other plugins disabled?

2) Please change your theme to the WP default theme and check if the issue happens.

3) Please go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Clean up and click to run next:

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix post type assignment

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

July 17, 2024 at 10:10 am #15965537

grzegorzC-5

Hi I have tested the site without any other plugins and it looked like the issue was fixed so I decided to activate each plugin one by one and the moment the problem started happening again was when I activated a plugin called "PixelYourSite". It is a plugin used for simplifying user tracking with FacebookPixel and GoogleAnalytics. When I disabled "add to cart tracking" inside the plugin itself everything started working again. Do you have any idea why this might be conflicting with the multicurrency plugin?

July 17, 2024 at 11:22 am #15965804

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for the reply.

I have checked and I do not use the mentioned plugin on our compatible plugins list, so there could be a conflict. I advise checking with plugin author and inviting them to our GoGlobal program, we will be glad to help. (https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/)

On the other hand, I found other reports of same issue in their support forum, so it probably means it is not something related to WPML exclusively, there is also a workaround that seems to help other users:

-https://wordpress.org/support/topic/product-disappear-in-the-cart/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.