WPML’s Go-Global program helps theme and plugin authors make their code multilingual ready. Together with WPML’s compatibility team, you can test and confirm that your theme or plugin works with WPML. We then share it with our clients via our recommended theme and plugin directories.
Multilingual-ready themes and plugins get more sales. Many European, South American, and Asian sites need to be multilingual, so creating a multilingual-ready product opens a huge market for you.
By helping you make your code 100% multilingual ready, we make it easier for all of us. When your clients run multilingual sites, they require less support from us and from you.
It’s a win-win-win situation. You get more sales, WPML sells more, we all spend less time on support. Most importantly, clients receive better products and are happier.
Once your code is compatible with WPML, we announce it to all WPML clients on our social media channels. We also add to the list of multilingual-ready themes or multilingual-ready plugins. We will ask you to do the same so our clients know that your theme or plugin is compatible with WPML.
- Original theme and plugin authors can join WPML’s Go-Global program.
- Public themes and plugins are welcome. Anything that you distribute (not “work-for-hire”) can be accepted to WPML’s Go-Global program.
- Contact us and apply.
- We provide you with all the guides you’ll need to make your theme or plugin compatible with WPML.
- We create a free WPML account for you to test the compatibility of your theme or plugin. You’ll have your own sandbox site, which we use to work on compatibility together.
- If you encounter any compatibility issues, you report them to us, and we help you fix them.
- Once you are done fixing the issues – if any were found – we ask you to announce the compatibility to your clients and write documentation for it.
- We share the compatibility news of your theme or plugin with our clients.
Please note: The Go-Global application form is for Theme and Plugin Authors only. If you encounter any issues with themes and plugins as a WPML user, please use our support forum and we will assist you.
Get started with making your theme or plugin multilingual. Apply to the Go-Global program by filling out the form below, and we will get in touch with you shortly.