Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported an issue where switching the menu to the Spanish version caused it to fail to load, displaying a continuously spinning icon.
Solution:
We discovered that the WPeMatico Plugin was interfering with WPML's functionality. We recommend deactivating all non-WPML plugins and switching to a standard WordPress theme to check if the issue persists. It's crucial to back up your database and website before making these changes. If the problem continues, please ensure you have upgraded the shared user to Network admin to allow further investigation.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your specific case. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, do not hesitate to open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.11 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
June 26, 2024 at 4:24 am #15828807

Christopher Idemmili

Hi Long Nguyen,

Thank you for your assistance with our website! We've encountered another issue that I'd like to bring to your attention. When we switch the menu to the Spanish version, it fails to load and continuously shows a spinning icon. For example, if you navigate to our Spanish homepage at hidden link, the front page won't load. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate the problem. Could you please take a look and advise on possible solutions?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Jazmin Novak

June 26, 2024 at 6:38 am #15830135

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

Here is the new ticket. I can see the issue on your site when switching language to Spanish in the frontend and admin area. I suggest you enable a minimal environment as below and see if it helps:
- deactivate all non-WPML plugins
- switch to a standard theme of WordPress
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌

If not, please upgrade the shared user to Network admin so I can install/deactivate plugins to investigate the issue further.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

July 8, 2024 at 8:01 pm #15915538

Christopher Idemmili

Hello, I discovered that the WPeMatico Plugin was causing WPML to not load. After deactivating the plugin. WPML was working.

Christopher Idemmili confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-08 20:01:21.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.