WP Residence is a feature-rich real estate WordPress theme. We’ll show you how to make your real estate websites multilingual by using WP Residence and WPML.
- Getting Started
- Adjusting Multilingual Theme Settings
- Translating Posts and Pages
- Translating Pages Built With Page Builders
- Translating Custom Post Types
- Translating Categories and Tags
- Translating Images
- Translating Sliders
- Translating Texts From WP Residence Theme, Plugins, and Other Places
- Translating Menus
- Known Issues
- Getting Help
Start by installing and activating the following:
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through different translation options you can use.
To avoid issues related to displaying the same category several times on the front-end, go to WPML → Languages. Under the Make themes work multilingual section, unselect the Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality and click the Save button.
With WPML, you can choose from two translation modes:
- The Translate Everything mode translates your site’s content as you add or edit it.
- The Translate Some mode allows you to decide what to translate, and who will translate it. Choose from translating the content yourself, assigning it to individual translators, or enlisting the help of a professional translation agency.
Here, we’ll show you how to translate a page by yourself:
- Edit the page you’d like to translate and locate the Language box in your right sidebar. Click the plus icon next to the language you want to translate your page into.
- This will take you to the Advanced Translation Editor. If you have translation credits, you can translate your content automatically and review the translations. If not, enter the translations for each line and click Complete when you’re done.
You can also choose to translate pages in bulk via the Translation Management Dashboard.
You will not be able to translate certain content that comes with the WP Residence theme in the Advanced Translation Editor. An example of this is the content from Contact Page Details. This is because WP Residence stores the template for this page in the theme options.
To learn how to translate the content from this page, jump to the section of this documentation page about String Translation.
The WP Residence theme comes bundled with Elementor and WPBakery page builders. To learn more, see our guide to translating content created with page builders.
WP Residence comes with custom post types like Properties, Developers, Agencies, and Agents. To learn how to translate them, see our guide to translating custom post types.
By default, the translation of certain custom fields is set to Copy or Don’t translate. You can make these fields translatable by going to WPML → Settings and scrolling down to the Custom Fields Translation section.
With WPML, you can translate categories and tags in different ways.
In this example, we’ll show you how translate Agency Categories from a central taxonomy menu. You can follow the same steps to translate post categories and tags along with any other custom taxonomies.
- Go to WPML → Taxonomy Translation and select Agency Categories from the drop-down menu.
- Click the plus icon to add your translations.
WPML automatically duplicates the images from the default language page to the secondary language page(s). You can also choose to have different images for your content in different languages.
To learn more, check out our detailed guide on translating images using Media Translation.
WP Residence theme comes with the Slider Revolution plugin. Check out our detailed guide to creating multilingual sliders with Slider Revolution.
Besides the content coming from posts and pages on your site, there are usually some texts coming from other places. The most common examples of this are additional texts from your theme and plugins. You can learn more by visiting our documentation page about String Translation.
In the example below, we’ll walk you through translating the Contact Page Details:
- Go to WPML → String Translation and search for the text that you want to translate. We are translating the content from the Company Name field.
- Click the plus icon to add your translation and hit enter to save it.
With WPML, you can translate your menus automatically, manually, or synchronize them across all your languages. For more information, check out our documentation about translating menus.
If you need help translating your site built using WP Residence theme and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.