The WooCommerce Subscription extension allows you to create products that customers can subscribe to. It enables you to charge your customers on a weekly, monthly, or yearly basis.
With WooCommerce Multilingual, you can translate all titles and labels related to the subscriptions.
On This Page:
- Getting Started
- Translating WooCommerce Subscription Strings
- Viewing Your WooCommerce Subscription Products on the Front-End
- Known Issues
- Getting Help
To start customizing and translating subscription-type products, install and activate the following:
- WooCommerce Subscriptions
- WPML core plugin, WPML String Translation and WPML Media Translation add-ons
- WooCommerce Multilingual (comes with your WPML CMS account)
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through different translation options you can use.
To learn how to set up a multilingual store, check out our documentation page about WooCommerce Multilingual.
For more information on using WooCommerce Subscriptions, see the Subscriptions Store Manager Guide.
The WooCommerce Subscription extension allows you to add complex subscription products. This includes labels for recurring payments, the Sign Up Now button, and strings on the Cart page.
To translate the strings related to WooCommerce Subscription:
- Go to WPML → Theme and plugins localization and scroll down to the Strings in the plugins section. Select WooCommerce Subscriptions and Scan selected plugins for strings.
- Once the scanning is complete, navigate to WPML → String Translation and search for the strings to translate. You can also use the In domain drop-down menu to filter through the strings. You’ll find all the WooCommerce Subscription strings under the woocommerce-subscriptions domain.
- Click the plus icon next to each string to add your translations and hit enter to save them.
Once you have finished translating all your product add-ons, you can take a look at the results on the front-end.
WPML works fine with this plugin, but sometimes there could be minor issues we're working on. This is expected as both plugins provide frequent updates.
Current unresolved issues:
- WooCommerce Subscriptions – It looks like this site has moved or is a duplicate site
- WooCommerce Subscriptions – Fatal Error on Viewing WooCommerce Subscription Related Orders
You can also search all known issues including previously resolved issues for this plugin.
If you need help translating your site built using WooCommerce Subscriptions and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.