Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client translated text strings from the WooCommerce Extra Product Options Pro plugin using String Translation, but the translations did not appear on the frontend.
Solution:
We successfully added and translated one of the strings, which can now be seen on the frontend. However, adding other strings was problematic due to insufficient WordPress memory. We recommend increasing the WordPress memory limit to at least 128MB, as per our minimum requirements.
To do this, add the following lines to your wp-config.php file:

/** Memory Limit */<br />define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');<br />define('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Place these lines above the '/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */' line. After updating, verify the changes at WPML -> Support and check if the issue with the string translations is resolved.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it's outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.51 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 3 days, 2 hours ago.

Assisted by: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 25, 2024 at 1:11 pm #16220484

nicoK-7

Background of the issue:
I have translated text strings from WooCommerce Extra Product Options Pro plugin through String-Translation.

Symptoms:
The translation didn't appear on the frontend.

Questions:
Why didn't the translated text appear on the frontend?

September 26, 2024 at 2:03 pm #16225717

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

I would like to install a plugin called Adminer that will allow me access to the database. I need to find where these strings are stored, so I can see if they will be able to be translated. Please let me know if I have permission. I won't make any changes in the database, just need to look around.

September 27, 2024 at 9:54 am #16229285

nicoK-7

Hi Lauren,

You have permission to install Adminer plugin.

I accidentally closed your admin access. So, I generated new one and add it at the end of previous private message.

October 2, 2024 at 12:42 pm #16245547

Lauren
Supporter

I've managed to add one of the strings to the string translation table and successfully translated it. You can see it at hidden link (the PlusGaurantee).

I am having trouble adding the others, and just noticed that your WP memory is below the required limit. Please try increasing that and then I can try adding the other strings.

Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Please let me know once that is done, and you can test to make sure it worked at WPML -> Support.

October 2, 2024 at 1:23 pm #16245869

nicoK-7

I've increased WP memory in wp-config.php

So, you can add translation for the other strings.

fa3996b0-c11d-4e6c-a0f0-08e3d20955f0.png
October 3, 2024 at 5:24 pm #16251593

Lauren
Supporter

It looks like that resolved the issue. I was able to find the strings and add translations. Feel free to change the translations as needed in WPML -> String Translation.

hidden link

October 3, 2024 at 9:05 pm #16252047

nicoK-7

Thank you!!! Now, all works fine.

nicoK-7 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-10-03 21:05:42.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.