Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to translate certain texts into Arabic, including the word 'SHOP' and phrases in the top bar of their website. Additionally, Arabic characters in the Slider Revolution were displaying backwards and separated.
Solution:
For the Slider Revolution issue, we recommended accessing WP Admin -> Slider Revolution and editing the 'Demo-rtl 1' slider used for Arabic. The client should remove the text layers and add them again without applying animation effects that break the words into individual letters.
For the text in the top bar, which is managed by the 'Thim Elementor Kit' plugin (not WPML-compatible), we attempted standard methods to find the text through string translation but were unsuccessful. We offered to download a clone/snapshot of the website to further investigate how the plugin manages this text.
For the image accordion issue, we made the fields translatable by adding custom XML configuration to the WPML settings. The client should open the page in the default language, make a minor edit to refresh the elements detected by WPML, and then proceed with the translation.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Ilyes 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Ilyes.

Author Posts
June 5, 2024 at 8:10 am #15705501

emirates-literatureF

Dear team,

There is many words I cannot translate them to arabic because not found in the string translation and admin area screen like" SHOP".
+ arabic of the slides is showing arabic characters backwards and in wrong way in revolution slider: hidden link not sure why. I mean my website is so simple and brand new and everything is new but WPML is showing many errors here and I just install it also, its all new. i cannot translate or find" HAVE ANY QUESTIONS" in admin:" hidden link" "hidden link" and on the website its on the top bar here: hidden link

June 5, 2024 at 2:15 pm #15707395

Waqar Ali

Hi,

a). Slider Text:

The Arabic text coming from the 'Slider Revolution', it is using the animation effect that breaks the words into individual letters. This works for English words, but for Arabic language breaks the continuation.

You can go to WP Admin -> Slider Revolution and edit the slider named 'Demo-rtl 1', which is being used for the Arabic language.

From that editor, you can remove the existing text layers and add them again, ensuring no animation effect is applied to them.
( ref: hidden link )

b). Text in the top bar:

That bar is being added through the plugin 'Thim Elementor Kit', which is not in the list of WPML-compatible plugins.
( ref: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility )

I've tried standard methods to find the text in the top bar, through string translation but that didn't work.
( ref: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/ )

There is a section to manage the templates added by this plugin at WP Admin -> Thim Elementor, but the translation of these templates also didn't include that text.

With your permission, I can download the clone/snapshot of the website, to see how the plugin manages this text and suggest the next steps, accordingly.

regards,
Waqar

June 6, 2024 at 4:37 am #15709204

emirates-literatureF

approved, go ahead and proceed, please and thank you Waqar for your time and great support, much appreciate it!

June 6, 2024 at 5:14 am #15709229

emirates-literatureF

hidden link it didn't work for the revolution slider. kindly check the video screen recording because I stopped the animation, there is no more animation now and I am writing the Arabic word by word and letter by letter and when I keep the button on the keyboard of the mac it shows the Arabic correct but when I remove my hand from the keyboard and add space and just add new letters its breaking again, I tried to delete and remove and add many times it didn't work.

June 7, 2024 at 8:20 am #15714132

Waqar Ali

Thank you for the permission and I've downloaded the website's clone.

I'm currently performing some tests on this clone and will share the findings, as soon as this testing completes.

I appreciate your patience.

June 10, 2024 at 6:08 am #15720153

emirates-literatureF

Salamou Alekom Waqar how are you my friend?kindly note i fixed the revolution slider issue but I still missing the words in find string translations. Many words and texts are missing here, can you help me finding them to complete the Arabic version of the website?

June 10, 2024 at 10:17 am #15721275

Waqar Ali

Walaikum Salam and hope you had a good weekend.

Glad that you managed to fix the slider text and here are my findings about the text used in the top header bar.
( Thim Elementor Template named 'TopBar' - edit link: /wp-admin/post.php?post=9335&action=edit&lang=en )

That bar consists of two widgets and both are outputting the text in a way that is not translation-friendly:

1). "Header Info" widget:

The file that controls the output of this widget is at:
/wp-content/plugins/thim-elementor-kit/inc/elementor/widgets/global/header-info.php

At line #464, you'll have:

array( '<span class="focused-text">', '</span>' ), $item['text'] ); ?>

You can change it to:

array( '<span class="focused-text">', '</span>' ), esc_html__( $item['text'], 'thim-elementor-kit' ) ); ?>

2). "Login Popup" widget:

The file that controls the output of this widget is at:
/wp-content/themes/eduma/thim-elementor-kit/login-popup/login-popup.php

At line #468, you'll have:

$profile_text  = ( $layout != 'icon' && isset( $settings['text_profile'] ) ) ? $settings['text_profile'] : '';
$logout_text   = ( $layout != 'icon' && isset( $settings['text_logout'] ) ) ? $settings['text_logout'] : '';
$login_text    = ( $layout != 'icon' && isset( $settings['text_login'] ) ) ? $settings['text_login'] : '';
$register_text = ( $layout != 'icon' && isset( $settings['text_register'] ) ) ? $settings['text_register'] : '';

You can change it to:

$profile_text  = esc_html__( ( $layout != 'icon' && isset( $settings['text_profile'] ) ) ? $settings['text_profile'] : '', 'eduma' );
$logout_text   = esc_html__( ( $layout != 'icon' && isset( $settings['text_logout'] ) ) ? $settings['text_logout'] : '', 'eduma' );
$login_text    = esc_html__( ( $layout != 'icon' && isset( $settings['text_login'] ) ) ? $settings['text_login'] : '', 'eduma' );
$register_text = esc_html__( ( $layout != 'icon' && isset( $settings['text_register'] ) ) ? $settings['text_register'] : '', 'eduma' );

After making these two changes, please go to WP Admin -> WPML -> String Translation and turn on the option 'Look for strings while pages are rendered' from the bottom.

Once that option is turned on, visit the homepage of the website in both languages a couple of times so that the strings can be found by the string translation.

For text coming from the "Header Info" widget ('Have any question?' & 'Account'), use the domain 'thim-elementor-kit' and you'll be able to find and translate them in the string translation management section.

For text coming from the "Login Popup" widget ('Login', 'Logout', 'Register' & 'My Account'), use the domain 'eduma' and you'll be able to find and translate them in the string translation management section.

Very important: Because the core theme and plugin files are being edited to make them translatable, future updates of this theme and the plugin will overwrite those code changes. This is why it is important to contact the theme and plugin author and request them to make these changes part of the core in future releases. This way, you (and other users) won't have to apply these changes manually, after each update.

regards,
Waqar

June 12, 2024 at 5:59 am #15729488

emirates-literatureF

OK Waqar thanks for all the support and details, much appreciate it, my friend. I will report your feedback to the theme author because obviously, I need everything to be updated in Arabic same as English and I don't want any overlap or override to the code on each theme update. I want the best practice to be applied. However, for the other stuff, I scanned selected themes and plugins: eduma thim-elementor-kit, elemntor, and elemntor pro and some strings were added to the string translation database and admin area but still not the top bar and all the footer menu. something still missing here. is it from WPML or from the theme? let me know please before I close the ticket here.

June 12, 2024 at 8:55 am #15729932

Waqar Ali

You're very welcome.

I also couldn't find those strings in the string translation section of your live website. Have you made the code changes to the files that I suggested in the last reply?

I'm not able to confirm those file changes on the live website since I don't have FTP access and the file editor for the plugins is also disabled in the admin area.

June 14, 2024 at 6:34 am #15738254

emirates-literatureF

Salamou alekom my brother Waqar, I wish you a blessed Friday and a HAPPY EID ADHA MUBARAK to you and your family! sorry for the late reply but we had some server issues in our siteground CPANEL however, necessary done and all fixed and I made the update you requested for the 1). "Header Info" widget and 2). "Login Popup" widget and I went to the backend and the website is slow a little bit now but I think this is normal because its mentioned here: hidden link when I checked the checkbox it mentioned the website will become slow and I visited all pages frontend English and Arabic basically I don't have many about us contact us shop and the authors and that's it! but my problem is with the header top bar and the footer menu, all main menu links in footer cannot be found by WPML, privacy policy, terms and conditions etc... please help!

June 18, 2024 at 11:21 am #15748665

Nigel
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there

Waqar is off at the moment, so let me take over here to see if we can resolve the outstanding problems.

If I try to visit your site I see it is under maintenance, so I will need credentials to log in to your site. I'm sorry to have to ask for them again, I don't have access to the details you previously shared with Waqar (they are automatically removed by our system for security when a ticket has been marked as resolved).

I'm creating a private reply now to get the credentials from you.

June 20, 2024 at 5:12 pm #15765797

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-05:00)

Salam Alekom,

My name is Ilyes, I will help you for now, and it would be easier to help you with your issue as I do speak arabic,

Unfortunately, the access you shared doesn't work for me :

Error: The password you entered for the username mhajj is incorrect. Lost your password?

Could you please check it again?

June 20, 2024 at 5:15 pm #15765798

Ilyes
Supporter

I opened another private reply for you.

June 21, 2024 at 11:48 pm #15779615

Ilyes
Supporter

Hello,

I was able to make these fields translatable by adding the following code to your WPML settings > Custom XML configuration :

<wpml-config>
  <elementor-widgets>
    <widget name="thim-ekits-image-accordion">
      <fields>
        <field>img_accordions</field>
      </fields>
      <fields-in-item items_of="img_accordions">
        <field>tittle</field>
        <field>desc</field>
        <field>label_link</field>
        <field>link>url</field>
      </fields-in-item>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

The accordion is coming from your theme and were not detectable by WPML,

To see these fields when translating your content :

1- Open the page in the default language
2- Apply a small change to your page (add a character or word somewhere on the page)
3- This will refresh the elements that WPML detects
4- Translate and you should see those fields now

Please let me know if you need more help,

Salam alaykom 🙂

June 24, 2024 at 4:48 am #15802011

emirates-literatureF

Salamou Alekom, I just want to thanks Waqar, Ilyes, and everyone from the WPML team who supported me in fixing my translation from English to Arabic in my new recently launched website. Alhamdhulilah, now everything is fine in Arabic and I GO LIVE soon! Thanks all and stay safe and take good care

emirates-literatureF confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-24 04:48:50.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.