Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 2 days, 9 hours ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
September 19, 2024 at 9:25 am #16197449
bjoernE-4

Background of the issue:
I am trying to resolve ongoing issues with WPML that prevent us from posting new blog articles or editing existing content. We were informed that reverting to an earlier version of WPML might solve the problem. Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Symptoms:
WPML Translation Manager is not working, not saving entries, losing input, messing up links, and showing multiple inconsistencies. The translation editor does not display 100% of the original language content and saved content is disappearing.

Questions:
Which version should we reinstall?
Where can we download the previous version?
Will reverting to an earlier version affect new content created since the update?
How can we ensure no content is lost or destroyed during the reinstallation?

September 19, 2024 at 10:15 am #16197788

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Reference to our recent chat, unfortunately we can't hold the chat idle for longer. However, in the meanwhile you're checking with your client about how to proceed, I'm handling issues B, C and D in this ticket as follows:

B) translation tool does not allow you to save your finished entries despite you having entered everything 100%
C) when re-opening articles or portfolio items etc for edits, it suddenly "clears" former input
D) translation tool will either switch "green" entries to "orange" status for no apparent reason

If these are relevant, these 'll be done in this same ticket otherwise 'll break down in separate tickets.

For the other issues like, I'll create separate tickets and those 'll be attended by our support separately.

For this ticket, I need to take a closer look at your site. So I request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your next answer will be private, to share this information safely.

Also provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue and links to pages in the admin and on the frontend.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss. I may need to activate/deactivate plugins also.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

Regards.

September 25, 2024 at 9:32 am #16219420

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates, but, looks like the site isn't reachable (see attached). I'm getting a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error.

Screenshot 2024-09-25 143041.jpg
September 25, 2024 at 10:55 am #16220007

bjoernE-4

Thanks for your response, Waqas! I'm really sorry - I somehow entered the wrong URL manually instead of just copying it from my browser. So sorry about this confusion! It is:

hidden link

I'm happy to be able to provide you now also the FTP credentials, they are as follows:

*** removed for public message ***

Thanks for your kind support and help. Hopefully, we can find the culprit soon!
Warm wishes,
Team Citizen Conservation

September 25, 2024 at 2:09 pm #16221102

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates, I was able to login and am working on this. I 'll get back to you as soon as I find something or have a solution.

September 26, 2024 at 6:14 am #16223148

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I was able to observe the problem by checking randomly a few, which were completed already, and, a few which were showing the status other than the completed ones.

So I tried with the page "Unterstützung" and was able to see the problem. There were incomplete translations, which I filled in with help of Google Translate (manually).

But it stayed at 96%, although everything had been translated.

This seems to be the issue with new translation editor interface (ATE Gen3) and some related issues have already been reported. Our team is working on resolving these issues on priority basis.

However, in the meanwhile, we recommend switching to the previous version of the translation editor (ATE Gen2). You can do this by following these steps:

- Open a page or post for translation in ATE.
- Click the gear/settings icon in top right corner of the editor.
- From the appearing settings popup, select "Use the previous version of Advanced Translation Editor" (see attached).
- Fill in the appearing box with any text for feedback and submit.

This 'll reload the editor with previous interface and 'll show those incomplete content which weren't visible in new interface otherwise.

You 'll be able to complete the translation by filling those missing gaps and all should work fine.

I've tried this in the staging site with the above mentioned "Unterstützung" page.

old ATE.png