Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
March 5, 2024 at 4:58 pm #15375780

Chainalysis

Hey Kor, something seems to be wrong with the support portal so I can't see Page 2 of this ticket and I can't see your reply here, but I did get an email where you wrote:

"That's the ACF process. When you make changes to an ACF translation mode, it will go through all your /postspages and update the changes."

Is there another way that we can trigger this ATE sync process, to try and recreate the 504 errors?

I often see this ATE background process running when I have not made any changes to ACF translation settings. It's very rare that I change ACF translation settings, but this process runs often, seemingly triggered by someone or something else.

And when the background sync is happening, that's when it seems that the 504 gateway errors tend to occur.

March 6, 2024 at 9:08 am #15377991

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your reply.

No, there isn't another way to trigger that process. So please try editing your ACF groups and configure the "Different fields across languages" option. Then, check the admin bar to see if the processes are being recorded. Let me know how it goes.

March 11, 2024 at 1:11 pm #15395410

Chainalysis

Hi Kor, you wrote that "No, there isn't another way to trigger that process." However, I have not changed any ACF translation settings in weeks now, and yet I saw the ATE sync status running on Wednesday for maybe an hour and also again on Friday. But I was under deadline to complete other tasks so I was unable to dig deeper into why this was happening.

I suspect that this ATE sync is happening when people update page content on the site, but I'm not sure.

It's difficult for me to trouble this issue if you say that it's not possible for the ATE sync to be running without changes to the translation settings, and yet it's still happening even though I am not changing the ACF translation settings.

But the 504 gateway errors and problem with translations not appearing on the site _seem_ to be related to this process.

March 11, 2024 at 2:56 pm #15396187

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your reply.

Could you tell me which Website are you working on? I don't see any sync running on this Website hidden link .

The topic ‘[Closed] 504 gateway errors’ is closed to new replies.