Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 day, 13 hours ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 23, 2024 at 6:16 pm #16211414

Leigh Cassell

Background of the issue:
I am trying to: All of my site pages are translated. I've recently translated a page and it won't show up on my website even though it's 100% done. All I see is the gear icon on the English page as if it was never done. I even tried recreating the same page in English, translated it, and the same thing happened. Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Symptoms:
A translated page (French) is still showing in progress and won't show up on my website even though it's done. I expected to see: The option to view this page in French. Instead, I got: Nothing.

Questions:
Why is the translated page still showing in progress?
Why won't the translated page show up on my website even though it's 100% done?
What does the gear icon on the English page indicate?
Why does recreating and translating the same page not resolve the issue?

September 23, 2024 at 6:28 pm #16211437

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

It seems that the minimum requirements on the server are not met:
https://wpml.org/de/startseite/minimumrequirements/

Could you please increase the WordPress memory limit (WP Memory Limit) to at least 256 MB? WPML requires at least 128M but needs at least 256M if many plugins are running on the site.

Your current values ​​are:

PHP Memory Limit 512M
WP Memory Limit 128M

To do this, you need to connect to your website's server and open the wp-config.php file in a text editor. The file is located in the root directory of WordPress.

Add this code to the wp-config.php file to increase WordPress memory:

define ('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Add this just before this comment:

// That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging.

The current values ​​can be viewed under WPML > Support > WordPress.

These settings can be restricted directly by your hosting provider. I therefore recommend contacting them and asking them to change them directly if the changes are not applied immediately.

Now, please edit the original page, save the page, open the translation, and complete it to 100%.

If this does not solve the issue, please let me know.

Best regards
Andreas

September 24, 2024 at 2:57 pm #16215724

Leigh Cassell

I've followed your instructions and we've increased our memory twice now - the first time to 128M, and the second time to 256M. I edited the original, and the translation, and saved both, and it's still not working. Please help.

September 24, 2024 at 11:39 pm #16217747

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to offer to have a closer look at the problem and request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to the website to investigate this issue further.

You can find the required fields below the comment section when you log in to leave the next reply. The information you provide is private, which means only you and I can see and access it.

IMPORTANT
Please be sure to make a backup copy of the website and database before allowing us access.
If you can't see the wp-admin / FTP fields, your post and website credentials are set as PUBLIC. DO NOT publish the data unless you see the required wp-admin / FTP fields.

The private response form looks like this:
hidden link

Next time you reply, click "I still need assistance."

Video:
hidden link

Please note that we are obliged to request this information individually on each ticket. We may not access any access information not specifically submitted on this ticket in the private response form.

Best regards
Andreas

September 27, 2024 at 8:19 pm #16231219

Andreas W.
Supporter

Could you please contact your hosting support team and ask them to set the PHP setting for Max input vars to 5000?

Once the settings is applied, please try to apply the translation again inside the WPML Translation Editor.