Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
After auto-translating a product, it remains unpublished and appears as a draft in the 'yoast_indexable' table.
Solution:
If you're experiencing this issue, we recommend that you publish the translated products manually. You can do this by navigating to Products, switching to the desired language using the language switcher at the top bar, and then selecting the products to publish in bulk. This action should update the post status in the 'yoast_indexable' table to reflect the published state.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, please check the related known issues, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. We highly recommend opening a new support ticket for further assistance at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
June 7, 2024 at 10:41 am #15715008

peterJ-48

Hello,

After auto-translating the product we need to publish the product if we haven't published the product after auto translating then in the "yoast_indexable" table showing as draft translated product

See the screenshot. hidden link

June 10, 2024 at 2:48 am #15719960

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I’m happy to help you with this issue.

If you want to publish the translation products, you can go to Products > Switch to a second language with the language switcher at the topbar > Publish products in bulk, please check the attached screenshot.
Then the post status in the table "yoast_indexable" will be updated accordingly.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

Products ‹ WPML — WordPress 2024-06-10 09-44-10.png
June 10, 2024 at 7:22 am #15720321

peterJ-48

Hi Long,

You mean we have to manually publish the product every time after automatic translation, it doesn't get published automatically?

For i.e; We have already published the product in default language (English). Do we need to republish the product after automatic translation for 20 languages?

June 10, 2024 at 7:53 am #15720477

Long Nguyen
Supporter

If you want to publish the translation product after completing the translation you can go to WPML > Settings and select some options:

1. Automatic translation: Publish right away

2. Translated documents options:
- When you receive completed translations: Publish the translated post when original is also published (default)
- When you publish the original post: Publish the post translations

Then you can create a new product, translate it and let me know how it goes.

June 13, 2024 at 7:27 am #15734455

peterJ-48

Hi Long,

We tested the below setting as you suggested but it didn't work. still we are getting product as draft after auto translation in the "yoast_indexable" table.

1. Automatic translation: Publish right away

2. Translated documents options:
- When you receive completed translations: Publish the translated post when original is also published (default)
- When you publish the original post: Publish the post translations

Note :
-------
If we use this setting " 1. Automatic translation: Publish right away " then we are not getting product data after auto translation in the "yoast_indexable" table for the translations products.

June 13, 2024 at 7:45 am #15734536

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks

June 13, 2024 at 8:16 am #15734663

Long Nguyen
Supporter

I cannot install a third-party plugin on your site to check the database. Can you please remove the restriction so that I can install any plugins?
Also, please update plugins on your site to the latest version (WPML, Yoast, WooCommerce ...) and share the FTP account.

Thanks.

Add Plugins ‹ MEMIDOS — WordPress 2024-06-13 15-09-40.png
June 13, 2024 at 12:03 pm #15736031

peterJ-48

Hi Long,

We updated all the plugins.
We have removed the restriction, you can add plugins for DB checking.
I'm not able to give you access to FTP, you can access the files with the file-manager plugin.

June 14, 2024 at 3:18 am #15738116

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

On your site, I see the product "Flowconcept • Digital ultrasonic cleaner 10 liters" is not translated into other languages. Then I go to WPML > Translation Management > Send this product to automatic translation to translate it into Bulgarian.

In the database, table yoast_indexable, the translation product has the "publish" status as well.

Other settings are the same as I suggested above https://wpml.org/forums/topic/after-auto-translating-in-the-yoast_indexable-table-showing-as-draft-products/#post-15720477

If you see the issue on this site, can you share a screen record or steps to replicate the issue?

Thanks

Select: www0_yoast_indexable - Adminer 2024-06-14 10-12-10.png
June 14, 2024 at 1:22 pm #15740274
peterJ-48

Hi Long,

I can see in the "yoast_indexable" table post_status as publish in the secondary languages After auto-translation with the new settings.

Product URL : hidden link

First, Still we have an issue, with this new settings we are not able to see "open_graph_image", "open_graph_image_id", "twitter_image_source", "twitter_image_id" and "twitter_image" etc data in the "yoast_indexable" but we are able to see with old setting after auto translation.
Video Recording : hidden link

Second, Yoast SEO breadcrumb does not work on translation page.
Find the screenshot : hidden link

Note : Try creating a new product and test it. don't test with old product.

June 17, 2024 at 2:24 am #15743141

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

It is a separate issue from the main one with Draft status in the table "yoast_indexable". I will split it into a new ticket for better handling.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.