Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 51 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lamineD 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
January 25, 2024 at 7:58 pm #15228037

lamineD

Addendum

Make the test on Facebook debug with the English link, and you will see that the metadata are in French:

hidden link

January 25, 2024 at 8:31 pm #15228090

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

We do not have any influence on how Facebook handles this, as it is an external platform and the issue only occurs if the "Meta pixel for WordPress" plugin is used.

I would suggest you reach out to the plugin's support about it and ask them to have a look at the provided test site.

Anyhow, once again, when it comes to your WordPress Website, this issue only occurs if the same browser runs one tab in English and one tab in French at the same time and this is a very rare use case, that very likely will not occur if somebody visits the site.

We hope for your understanding.

January 26, 2024 at 8:08 am #15228919
lamineD

Let's forget Facebook stuff; I wanted to explain my view.

Let's focus on the site.

I created a short video that explains perfectly the issue: hidden link

As you can see in the string translation, my English Metadata is in French: hidden link

Please advise

January 26, 2024 at 5:47 pm #15231329

Andreas W.
Supporter

This last request is about Rankmath SEO metadata but this ticket here is handling a different issue.

Please take note, that we can only handle one issue per ticket.

The Rankmath metadata will be translated together with the post when using our Addon "WPML SEO".

If this translation fails for some reason, then we need to investigate this further.

I will split this new request into a new ticket and then follow up with you about it from there.

January 26, 2024 at 5:52 pm #15231351

lamineD

Wow, it seems we had a big misunderstanding since the beginning! So yes, please advise on the metadata translation. Thanks.

January 26, 2024 at 6:17 pm #15231440

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

This ticket was handling an issue that occurred on your website about the "Essentials Addons for Elementor" Post Grid Widget which displays different results in specific situations.

Our compatibility team decided to take further action on it, as the issue only occurs in very rare use cases.

I will get in contact with you about the Rankmath SEO issue on the new ticket shortly.

Best regards
Andreas

January 26, 2024 at 6:21 pm #15231442

lamineD

This is correct. I lost the thread of the discussion.

The topic ‘[Closed] Default language is not applying’ is closed to new replies.