Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 23 hours, 26 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 25, 2024 at 8:59 pm #16222518

ronaldT-5

Background of the issue:
I am trying to make sure the form buttons are selectable on the translated page. The issue can be seen on this page: hidden link. I expected to see something similar to the original page: hidden link.

Symptoms:
Un-selectable radio choices on the translated page.

Questions:
Why are the radio choices un-selectable on the translated page?
How can I make the form buttons selectable on the translated page?

September 26, 2024 at 4:09 am #16222970

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I can see the issue on your site.

Before I can assist you on this matter, I do have a few questions:

Which plugin is involved in creating this form?

Was this page translated with the Advanced Translation Editor?

Best regards
Andreas

September 26, 2024 at 7:34 am #16223292

ronaldT-5

1) No extra plugin other than the basic Elementor plugin (including the Elementor Pro plugin)

2) Yes, I'm using the original ATE.

September 26, 2024 at 12:59 pm #16225317

Andreas W.
Supporter

Please confirm the following:

While on the Advanced Translation Editor, please click the settings button on the top right and disable the option "I prefer bigger segments".

Now, edit the original page, save it again, and open the WPML Translation Editor. Completed the translation to 100% and saved it.

Does this solve the issue?

September 26, 2024 at 2:46 pm #16226078

ronaldT-5

Okay, I see an improvement, but I am not out of the woods yet.

The default values are not present in the translated page.

And it shows "2 years" instead of "2 ans". See attachment below.

And yes, I did clear the browser and server caches.

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 10.45.00 AM.jpg
September 26, 2024 at 4:09 pm #16226756

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to offer to have a closer look at the problem and request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to the website to investigate this issue further.

You can find the required fields below the comment section when you log in to leave the next reply. The information you provide is private, which means only you and I can see and access it.

IMPORTANT
Please be sure to make a backup copy of the website and database before allowing us access.
If you can't see the wp-admin / FTP fields, your post and website credentials are set as PUBLIC. DO NOT publish the data unless you see the required wp-admin / FTP fields.

I may have to install a plugin called "All In One WP Migration" to make a copy of the website where I can investigate the issue further.

However, I would also be very grateful if you could provide a staging site or copy of the website from your server yourself for this purpose. This step would only be required if the issue is replicable on such a staging site.

If you have any questions about creating such a staging site, you can consult your hosting provider. Just take note that WPML should be registered on this site again.

If you are unable to provide such a copy of the site for testing, please let me know on this ticket.

The private response form looks like this:
hidden link

Next time you reply, click "I still need assistance."

Video:
hidden link

Please note that we are obliged to request this information individually on each ticket. We may not access any access information not specifically submitted on this ticket in the private response form.

Best regards
Andreas

September 27, 2024 at 12:47 am #16227799

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

It looks like in this example the Advanced Translation Editor is not recognizing the characters > and <.

I will try to create a WPML Test Site on which I will try to recreate the issue using a simple example and then escalate it internally.

Once I am done with this task I will contact you again.

Best regards
Andreas

September 27, 2024 at 4:30 am #16228020

ronaldT-5

Thanks for the update

September 27, 2024 at 6:17 pm #16231076

Andreas W.
Supporter

Would it be possible for you to register Elementor PRO on this test site and import your form for testing?

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Please leave me a message on this ticket, once you are done with this task.

September 28, 2024 at 5:35 am #16231576

ronaldT-5

I can only import the webpage that has a form on it. I cannot import the form per se. But, I have no idea how to import a page onto your sandbox.

September 28, 2024 at 5:51 am #16231581

Andreas W.
Supporter

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

You should be able to use Tools > Export and Tools > Import from the Dashboard.

I was able to replicate the issue on a new form. It is not exactly the same issue, but I can confirm that the Advanced Translation Editor is stripping out the "<" sign.

hidden link

I will give this further tests and escalate it towards our ATE development team.