Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by albaC 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yuri.

Author Posts
March 6, 2018 at 11:40 am #1537523

albaC

Hi,

Every time I save a translation from catalan to spanish on this website: hidden link it appears an error message. See the attached image.

Why is it happening? Can you please give me a solution?

Thanks,

Arnau

March 6, 2018 at 12:54 pm #1537618

Yuri

Hi, in order to show what the actual error is instead of a blank page you will need to turn the debugging in WordPress on. This can be done following the procedure described here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

As soon as you have this in place, refresh the page and then post the error in this thread or a screenshot so we can evaluate and determine our next step.

March 7, 2018 at 3:13 pm #1539339

albaC

Dear,

I've already did what you said.

Every time I try to edit a translation page it appearears an error message. (See image)

Can you please give me a solution?

Thanks,

Arnau

March 7, 2018 at 3:29 pm #1539367

Yuri

Hi, the message you are seeing is a generic one that most web servers display to avoid showing a big ugly message that will make no sense to the visitor of the website. The configuration routine explained in the link I posted above will force the web server to show the actual error with actionable information to us.

As soon as you enable this configuration the message you are seeing will change. let me know what is displayed then.

If you have already changed the variables as explained in the document above you will need to get in touch with your hosting service since they may be overriding or blocking your capacity to display the actual error. They should be able to provide an option to display the error or at least a workaround.

March 7, 2018 at 4:00 pm #1539425

albaC

Dear,

The error message it appeares in all languages.

I've already changed the variables as explained in the document. Because of it my theme DIVI it's showing a message every time I try to edit a page saying that I should disable the WP-DEBUG (see image).

After that, I've contacted my hosting service and they said that it can be a redirection problem, but they can't get more information than this.

Is it possible that we have a url configuration problem? Can you log in into my wordpress account and check the problem please?

Thanks,

March 7, 2018 at 4:03 pm #1539429

Yuri

Sure, You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**
- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

I'll set your next reply to private.

March 7, 2018 at 4:46 pm #1539486

Yuri

Hi, I've just accessed your site and create a post in Catalan then created the translation in Spanish and the error 500 page was not shown to me. Can you specify exactly what was the procedure you did for this error to show? Was it on posts or on another type of content?

March 7, 2018 at 6:11 pm #1539602

albaC

Deer,
Watch the video to see the problem: hidden link

March 8, 2018 at 12:35 pm #1540503

albaC

Dear,

We have seen that the error appears when we try to translate de content using the Divi Builder Constructor, as you will be able to see in the video we sent you previously. Does it make sense to you? I attach an screenshot of the error that appears, just in case you haven't it clear.

If we add the translations without using the Divi Builder Constructor, the error doesn't appear. I imagine that is why you haven't seen it. However, appears the following message:

WPML copiará _wpml_media_duplicate, _wpml_media_featured, _et_pb_page_layout, _et_pb_side_nav, _et_pb_use_builder, _et_pb_old_content, _et_pb_ab_stats_refresh_interval, _et_pb_enable_shortcode_tracking, _et_pb_custom_css, _et_pb_built_for_post_type, _et_pb_post_hide_nav desde Catalán cuando guarde esta entrada.

Do we have to worry for this message? What does it mean? How can we solve it?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Alba

March 8, 2018 at 6:41 pm #1541033

albaC

Dear,

I am sorry, the "Internal Server Error" is still appearing sometimes when we try to translate a page and even when we change form on language to another (of the same page). We don't understand why it is going on and why it happens only sometimes. Our host provider has increased our memory to over 300 for 24 hours, but the problem hasn't disappeared. The Internal Server Error is still appearing, even if we don't use the Divi Visual Constructor that I told you before.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Alba

March 9, 2018 at 4:11 pm #1541991

albaC

We found the solution looking for possible answers in Google. We read it in another support ticket.

"I've just checked your site.
Everytime I switch to English pages in your site, your .htaccess gets changed.
It seems there is a plugin trying to change that.
Currently I'm changing the .htaccess file with the chmod "444" instead of the default one "644".
And your site seems fine now."

Thanks!

Best regards,

Alba