Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
January 31, 2024 at 11:06 pm #15252304

julienB-61

Hello team,

Attached are the screenshots from the APM on my host provider showing that WPML plugins are the main cause of Timeout.
I cannot use WordPress properly.
I raised a ticket here which was related to a previous connection issue and the issue was solved by the host but an issue with the WPML plugin remains:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-plugin-cannot-connect-to-wpml-org-7/page/2/

In the meantime, I've updated the FTP credentials but not the WordPress.
Feel free to connect to WordPress to look at the issue.

Thanks,
Julien

timeout.png
slow.png
plugins.png
json.png
February 2, 2024 at 8:23 am #15258107

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello Julien,

et's try a few steps to understand the issue better:

lPlease make a backup before proceeding.

1) Install Query monitor plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/)

2) Check load time and number of queries in the top bar. Load time has "s" and queries "Q"

3) Disable all WPML plugins and check load time and the number of queries now

4) Disable all other plugins and leave active only WPML plugins, switch to WP default theme. Check again.

Please let me know how it goes and shares each result with me.

Thanks,
Drazen

February 2, 2024 at 6:56 pm #15260986

julienB-61

Ok, I installed the plugin but I can already see that the error that was solved here is in reality back: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-plugin-cannot-connect-to-wpml-org-7/page/2/

Guys, I have a business, you cannot do it while I'm working?
I'm wasting a lot of time with the plugin.

I did the backup and I installed Query monitor.

Screenshot_11.png
February 5, 2024 at 7:48 am #15264391

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back, I am sorry but I am not following I see the 2nd issue ticket was resolved by hosting.

As for our current ticket, can you please follow my suggestion from the last reply and let me know the results?

Thanks,
Drazen

February 7, 2024 at 6:31 pm #15278571

julienB-61

Yes, I thought the issue was solved but the message is still there. Could you reopen the ticket?

Don't you think that the Timeout could be caused by the Plugin connection to the WPML server?

Regarding the other issue with the Timeout, find attached the stats of the monitoring and WPML server connection error.

error_.png
error.png
Before_Removing_Plugin.png
After_disabling_All_plugins.png
after_disabling_all_WPML.png
February 8, 2024 at 8:05 am #15279952

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I am afraid we can not open a closed ticket, please open a new ticket for this issue or I can open a new ticket for you. Also, I see the issue was related to your config/server, so I suggest following the same steps, as there is probably not much we can do from our side here, since it seems your configuration is causing an issue / blocking connection to our servers.

As for results share, as I understand the difference without and with WPML is from 0.24 to 0.69s., correct? Can you please confirm?

Also please click on results and see what is the slowest query reported.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Drazen

February 8, 2024 at 9:37 am #15280277
julienB-61

Hello,

Here is the reply from the investigation of my host provider:

As I was checking this a bit further online, I can see that the plugin is also configured through WPML:
https[:]//wpml[.]org/version/otgs-installer-3-0-0/
As it would be a part of WPML it may need to be re-configured somehow with the hosting switch:

I did some further seraches, and found out that the same error is provided regardless of the connection error and that the authentication may need to be re-registered through WPML or something similar to that by the looks of it.

I am not sure if that plugin has any further settings - however - when I tried to CURL that page directly from the server where the website is located:

It gives out a 200 OK response code.

What I might suggest to troubleshoot this further is to cross-check if that plugin would need to be re-configured somewhere within its settings or if this would be due to a plugin conflict by chance. Possibly disabling all of the plugins along with reviewing any specific requirements with the plugin support might help here. As it does not seem like a server-related issue 🙏

New threads created by Dražen Duvnjak and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-can-not-connect-to-wpml-org/

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 09.49.04.png
Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 09.43.45.png
February 8, 2024 at 12:20 pm #15281086

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

We limit 1 issue per 1 ticket, to keep things clear and easy to follow. I have opened a new ticket for your new issue:

- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-can-not-connect-to-wpml-org/

One my colleague will take over new ticket and help you further.

Regards,
Drazen

February 8, 2024 at 6:34 pm #15282880

julienB-61

I unregistered the site on WordPress then I went to my account on your site.
I deleted the site, then I created a new key, and I installed it on wordrpess
I check the updates and I still have the red cross with error message:

hidden link Your site can't communicate with hidden link. Code 0: cURL error 28: Resolving timed out after 5000 milliseconds. products-connection-test

Screenshot_13.png
Screenshot_12.png
February 8, 2024 at 8:13 pm #15283231

julienB-61

The second issue with timeout is still there too.

Screenshot_14.png
Screenshot_15.png
February 9, 2024 at 7:29 am #15284215

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I have created 2nd ticket for your issue, please continue there on that topic and lets keep this ticket clear on original issue.

As for timeout I do not see the loading time that much from your image, so weird that it happens. Can you explain how it happens and what steps you take? Does it happen each time?

Regards,
Drazen

The topic ‘[Closed] External transactions are the issue’ is closed to new replies.