Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.45 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Andrey.

Author Posts
July 20, 2024 at 3:46 am #15980660

mirteM

I deactivated Redis for a rather long time (almost a day) and no improvements.

July 20, 2024 at 8:59 am #15981093

mirteM

I found a workaround that works for me. I changed the settings to classic translator, then went to translation management. I selected a translation stuck in "progress" and added it to the translation queue again (this will cancel any translation already in progress). this did the job. So it is 100% not an issue with some other plugin.

July 22, 2024 at 4:37 pm #15988047

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kyiv (GMT+03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your messages.

Sorry for the delay. I was unavailable for some time.

The workaround seems reasonable to me. Does that work for you? If you are still experiencing this problem, I will keep checking. In that case, I would need new access credentials, as the ones you shared no longer allow me access.

July 22, 2024 at 5:42 pm #15988287

mirteM

Hey Andrey,

The workaround seems to be working for me so no further assistance is required. I do wonder though if there would be any future downsides of not using ATE. Will this way of doing things keep on working? It would still be nice to have it fixed in some future patch.
Including better support for Redis (other support question I posted long ago).

July 22, 2024 at 9:30 pm #15989397

Andrey
Supporter

We are continually enhancing WPML. Although there are no downsides, ATE has additional capabilities, such as automatic translation.

I still recommend that you temporarily replicate the issue so we can resolve it properly. Which version of Apache are you using?

July 23, 2024 at 6:51 am #15990530

mirteM

Hey Adrey,

This is my server info (see attachment). It is a large host in Belgium (Combell).
I think it would indeed be good to fix it at the core as I found several others online with the same problem. I am however happy I found a workaround. I don't use automatic translations as we are required to know multiple languages ^^.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 084910.png
July 23, 2024 at 2:43 pm #15992959

Andrey
Supporter

We need to investigate it further to find a suitable solution. Could you please share or reactivate the access so I can replicate the error, conduct further checks, and report to our team if necessary? Does the issue happen with a new product?

The following message is private.

July 24, 2024 at 8:49 am #15996978

mirteM

Would you mind using the copy you made for your tests? I have been working hard to clean up things here so I prefer to not change anything at this time.

mirteM confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-24 08:49:41.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.