Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are a website designer using WPML and have connected all your sites to share a single pool of credits, which results in shared translation memory and glossary across all sites. You are looking for a way to share credits but keep the translation memory separated by website.
Solution:
Currently, there is no option available to share credits while keeping translation memories and glossaries separate for each website. All connected sites to a specific automatic translation account will share the glossary, credits, and translation memory. We have noted your request and will mention it to our developers as a potential feature for future updates.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum at https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 31, 2024 at 2:26 pm #16025827

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Background of the issue:
I am a website designer and have connected all my WPML sites to share a single pool of credits. It's perfect to be able to do that, but the downside is that it also means that all sites share the same translation memory and glossary.

Symptoms:
I would like to see an option that allows me to share credits, but keep the translation memory separated by website.

Questions:
Is there a way to share credits but keep the translation memory separated by website?

July 31, 2024 at 2:55 pm #16026249

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

I totally understand what you mean.

Unfortunately, at the moment, there's no option to do exactly what you mentioned.

Currently, the glossary, credits and translation memory are all shared on all the sites that are connected to that specific automatic translation account but I will definitely mention this to our developers for a future possibility of implementing this feature.

Thank you for bringing this up!

Mihai Apetrei

July 31, 2024 at 4:00 pm #16026455

John-Pierre Cornelissen

ok, thank you.

John-Pierre Cornelissen confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-31 16:00:45.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.