Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
November 14, 2019 at 7:09 pm #4949607

gholamA

I am trying to:
Translate a page with acf custom fields. Some of those fields are set to "don't translate", or "copy always" and those fields show up in the Translation Editor.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: all

I expected to see:
Such fields should not be show up in the Translation Editor

Image "Screen markuse .." is a radio select that is set to don't translate. The image wpml-translation-felder shows fields (squares) that are all select or radio fields which are set to either don't translate or copy .. don't care about the descriptions, I just added them for our customer for a workaround until this issue is solved.

Is this a misusage or a bug?

Best regards,
Markus

screen markus.e 2019-11-14 at 19.53.33.png
wpml-translation-felder.jpg
November 18, 2019 at 8:59 am #4963187

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Fresh example
Would it be possible for you to setup a fresh example of this behaviour on your site?

e.g. a simple field group with only one or 2 fields. One simple and one a radio select.

I would like to know if this is happening with newly created field groups/fields.

2. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

Thanks

November 19, 2019 at 10:19 am #4970689

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Thanks for setting up this test.

I´m a bit confused as I have never seen "custom fields" used in a content area. And this is why the translation options are not being applied

Anything in the post-content area will be "available" for translation and picked up by the translation editor. The WPML Translation Management does not have a way, to my knowledge, to selectively filter out pagebuilder content / widgets

The ACF multilingual solution we offer applies to post-meta information normally implied by custom fields.

Does this answer your question about what is going on?

November 20, 2019 at 6:28 pm #4983329

gholamA

Hello Yvette,

"custom fields" is the "old" concept of wordpress. It you want to use Gutenberg Editor together with ACF, then the only solution is through ACF Blocks, which under the hood create gutenberg blocks. Thats why acfml, wpml and even wordpress itself received quite some updates in order to be able to work together.

If it is not yet possible to filter out those content fields, for which reason are then those translate options at all, that come from wpml for acf blocks? for each field I can set the translation options "none, copy, copy once, translate"

Seems more like either a bug, or not implemented feature, whatever it is, it needs to be solved.

Best regards,
Markus

November 21, 2019 at 9:42 am #4986437

Yvette
Supporter

I see your point. I´m going to ping the developer and 2nd tier support with your comments. Please be patient while I get some feedback from them.

November 22, 2019 at 9:46 am #4995671

Yvette
Supporter

Hi again.

The developer of ACFML has confirmed that this is a known bug. Your ticket is now attached to the work order to fix it.

It was first reported in this ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/acf-fields-set-to-dont-translate-show-up-in-classic-translation-editor/

I am sorry that I cannot give you any idea of when the resolution will be delivered as I have no view of the development timeline or priorities. I hope the fix will be delivered in the next release.

As it is, I am marking this ticket as "Escalated to 2nd tier" - you can write in from time-to-time to find out the status of the ticket.