Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinM-71 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 25, 2020 at 4:27 pm #6870617

martinM-71

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm checking website hreflang tags and all checkers I'm trying to do are giving us errors for them. Is it somekind of issue with href tags from WPML or something else?
Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?
We have found quite few issues related to it but not fix yet.
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

hreflang.png
August 26, 2020 at 10:58 pm #6880961

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

Please review the following screenshot. It looks like the issue is with the Estonian language hreflang "et".

"ET" is the recommended hreflang to be used with the language Estonian, however you can test using "EE" as well, or add the one recommended.

To change the hreflang from the backend , follow the steps below:

- Go to WPML->Languages
- Edit languages
- Edit the language's hreflang and save

Let me know your results, please.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 3.26.33 PM.png
August 27, 2020 at 7:14 pm #6888855

martinM-71

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Anyway I have changed to suggested hreflang "EE" but there seems to be no effect in the results. SEMrush shows similar hreflang conflicts but with different pages. Wondering whats its about. The "et" looked fine but for Finnish, English and Russian it returns not correct hreflang.

What are your thoughts about it? Is it something we should be worried about ?

hreflang-test.png
August 27, 2020 at 7:34 pm #6889087

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

I have inspected your source code and the Hreflang is added for all lanugages.

You can view this by going to your homepage=>Right click->View source and search for Hreflang.

Additionally I crosschecked with another site that is not semrush and your URLs are indexable

and verified that as well with a chrome plugin for checking the google tags, see screenshots please.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 12.32.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 12.30.57 PM.png
August 28, 2020 at 9:38 am #6892879

martinM-71

Seems like it might show differently on different testing tools. Hreflang tags seems to be correctly in most cases. For some pages it still throws error hreflang conflicts within source code.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.