Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 55 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andreaB-8 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
March 28, 2024 at 10:18 pm #15462701

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Sure I'll try my best as I've been responding you on priority basis.

I'll create a test site on our servers and 'll copy the theme and the page builder in question. So I can check in a fresh environment.

I'll get back to you by tomorrow with my findings.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

March 28, 2024 at 11:20 pm #15462848

andreaB-8

Thanks for your kindly reply friend. I trust in you. I'm in your hands.

THanks

March 29, 2024 at 7:05 pm #15465607

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I've tried to reproduce the problem in your site but looks like it is working just fine. For example I created this page hidden link using some elements from KingComposer and using your theme and these were all appeared in ATE for translation (see attached), as well as, on the frontend hidden link.

I tried the same thing before that in my sandbox site and it worked fine there too:
- hidden link
- hidden link

As per my understanding there's some database corruption with your existing page(s).

Please try these steps by taking one existing page as an example first, and if that works fine, then you can follow for rest of the pages:

IMPORTANT: Take full backup of site and database beforehand.

- Go to Pages.
- Find the page you want to try with first.
- Switch to English from top admin language switcher.
- Delete the translation of the page.
- Delete it from Trash also.
- Switch back to the Italian from top admin language switcher.
- Open that page in default language for editing.
- Make a small change in content (i.e. a dot or word).
- Save.
- Add the translation.

Please let me know how it goes.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 235541.jpg
March 29, 2024 at 7:46 pm #15465658

andreaB-8

I followed your steps for home page
but I still have a lot of items not translated in home page English (check attached image)

and here is English version

hidden link

Italian is ok

hidden link

Screenshot 2024-03-29 alle 20.45.45.png
March 29, 2024 at 8:00 pm #15465674

andreaB-8

Here is another thing

This is OK

hidden link

why here items are not aligned?

hidden link

March 29, 2024 at 8:09 pm #15465692

andreaB-8

Even all links here missed

hidden link

March 29, 2024 at 9:27 pm #15465733

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

I tried again in your site and seems like the problem stays the same even after deleting the translation and translating again.

However, I am seeing your setup a little different than normal. For example:

- WordPress Address (URL) is set to hidden link
- Site Address (URL) is set to hidden link

So if I delete the translation, then in Reading settings the frontpage resets to Blog, while IMO it should stay the same because default version of page (Italian) still exists.

And I've to set it manually again. This may be affecting the content being sent for translation.

Generally this setup is acceptable as WordPress supports it. But I am suspecting a few things here which need to be investigated in more detail.

Since this is your live site, I need your confirmation before moving forward, that if it is OK to:

- disable all plugins (other than the needed one, like WPML and KingComposer)?
- switch theme?
- changing the "WordPress Address (URL)" to same as "Site Address (URL)" (instead of /wp)?
- removing the draft pages of the same home page?

Please let me know.

March 29, 2024 at 9:45 pm #15465791

andreaB-8

You can do all what you need to test and find a solution but please find a way for allow me to have site translated in right way.

Thanks!!

March 29, 2024 at 10:28 pm #15465792

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates. I deactivated all plugins except previously mentioned and then when I try to translate there's a 500 Internal Server Error (see attached). This means something really bad is happening behind the scene.

I enabled debugging but in the /wp-content/debug.log file I can't find any error. I am also not able to find any PHP or Server error logs to get more info on the said error. If you can check in your hosting that'd be helpful.

I tried to change the settings in General for WordPress and Site URLs but I am now locked out of WP Admin. Trying to access /wp-admin/ and /wp/wp-admin/ throwing 500 Internal Server Error.

Since I don't have any FTP access, my only way of checking and working with files is a file manager plugin which I am also not able to access now.

So please restore the website from a recent backup, so it is working and accessible again.

Looks like I need to escalate the problem to our 2nd tier team. I'll be able to do this on Monday by downloading a copy of your site using Duplicator or All in one Migration plugin.

Meanwhile, you can also try reproducing the problem in my sandbox site at hidden link (one click login). You can create a page same as yours including images. So in case if you're able to reproduce the problem here, we can use this sandbox for further investigation.

500 error.jpg
March 29, 2024 at 11:40 pm #15465852

andreaB-8

Here you can find web hosting

**** Removed by support ****

access to this area, select domain

fisioterapiapapagiovanni.com

and click on PANNELLO DI CONTROLLO blue button

Please can you do something BEFORE Monday??

I really need a solution 🙁

March 31, 2024 at 11:01 pm #15467784

andreaB-8

I friend I've seen that site is down now.... do you confirm me that I why you're working on???

April 1, 2024 at 4:05 pm #15470061

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

I am still not able to access the /wp-admin/ of your site as I am seeing "Internal Server Error". You've to restore it from the backup, that's why we always advise to take fresh backup before doing anything on the site.

As of the hosting access, please note that we're not allowed to access hosting accounts.

I've removed that hosting account info from the public message due to security, please do not share such information in public message or it may be misused by anyone visiting this thread.

Please let me know when your site is accessible again.

April 1, 2024 at 4:17 pm #15470166

andreaB-8

Ok now I check how to resolve!

About you? You wrote the you asked to second layer support... do you've new??

I really need to translate this site!!!

Thanks!

April 1, 2024 at 4:28 pm #15470193

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

I mentioned that I need to escalate it after taking a duplicator package of your site:

Looks like I need to escalate the problem to our 2nd tier team. I'll be able to do this on Monday by downloading a copy of your site using Duplicator or All in one Migration plugin.

Since I'm not able to access the wp-admin, I can not prepare a package for that purpose.

When the site is ready to be accessed again, I'll be able to proceed accordingly.

Or as I also mentioned in my message on Friday:

Meanwhile, you can also try reproducing the problem in my sandbox site at hidden link (one click login). You can create a page same as yours including images. So in case if you're able to reproduce the problem here, we can use this sandbox for further investigation.

Please let me know when either of the place is ready.

April 1, 2024 at 4:46 pm #15470229

andreaB-8

You can use all-in-one wp migration file that I created:

hidden link

so you can clone web site