Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to translate the icon boxes on their website using WPML with the Consult theme. The text from the icon boxes did not appear in the translation editor, and the source language (English) was displayed instead.

Solution:
We recommended adding a custom XML configuration to the WPML settings to ensure that the Elementor widgets used by the Consult theme are translatable. Here is the custom XML configuration that we provided:

<wpml-config>
  <elementor-widgets>
    <widget name="stm_icon_box">
      <fields>
        <field>title</field>
        <field>icon_size</field>
        <field>icon_line_height</field>
        <field>icon_height</field>
        <field>icon_width</field>
        <field>icon_width_wr</field>
        <field>content</field>
      </fields>
    </widget>
    <widget name="stm_pricing_plan">
      <fields>
        <field>title</field>
        <field>price</field>
        <field>price_affix</field>
        <field>subtitle</field>
        <field>label</field>
        <field>content</field>
        <field>link_title</field>
        <field>link>url</field>
      </fields>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

We also advised the client to complete any ongoing translations for the English language, add the custom XML to the WPML settings, and then make a minor change in the default language to trigger an update synchronization.

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.66 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Marcel.

Author Posts
February 1, 2024 at 3:16 pm #15255577

andreasP-78

I am trying to: translate the icon box

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: That the icon boxes are translated, but the text do not appear in the translation program. Modules from the Theme Consult are not translated

Instead, I got: source language english is shown

By the way: Theme consult and WPML tell that it is WPML ready.

Screenshot at Feb 01 16-14-49.png
February 1, 2024 at 3:41 pm #15255796

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

the theme got certified for WPML in 2019. It could be that this Iconbox was not yet integrated yet when the test happened.

Please try first to increase the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT constant to meet minimum requirements. This could also control if a section is displayed as translated.

Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before "That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging."

See here for more information https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, which means, with a default theme and no other plugins installed. Your server offers 256MB of memory, but WP is limited to 40MB.

Best Regards
Marcel

February 2, 2024 at 7:12 am #15257974

andreasP-78

Hi Marcel,

thanks for your fast reply. We increased the memory to 256 but it changed anything.

In the translation windows are no new texts to translate.

What can we do next?

all the best
Philipp

February 2, 2024 at 8:11 am #15258099

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Philipp,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Best Regards
Marcel

February 2, 2024 at 3:11 pm #15259906

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Philipp,

yes, it seems it's not covered yet by the existing XML-config from your theme: hidden link.

You can generate an XML-config as described here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/#register-custom-elementor-widget-for-translation using our "Multilingual Tools" plugin (download on GitHub).

With the help of the "Multilingual Tools" plugin, the XML config will appear on hidden link from where you can copy it and add to hidden link.

It also shows an error if I try to upload this plugin. Therefore, I didn't test it there.

Best Regards
Marcel

February 5, 2024 at 9:19 am #15264884

andreasP-78

Hi Marcel,

thanks for your help so far - I followed the documentation, but unfortunalty the fields don't show. I checked tripple everything, but maybe I overseen something.

Here is what I did:
Set up site with the to modules: hidden link

This is the array which was produced:
[{"id":"654a78a","elType":"container","settings":[],"elements":[{"id":"fca5811","elType":"widget","settings":{"title":"Icon Box Title","icon_size":25,"icon_line_height":65,"icon_height":65,"icon_width":50,"icon_width_wr":65,"content":"<p>Icon Box Description<\/p>"},"elements":[],"widgetType":"stm_icon_box"},{"id":"df42ce3","elType":"widget","settings":{"title":"Sample Title","price":"99","price_affix":"$","subtitle":"per month","label":"Badge","content":"<p>Plan description<\/p>","link_title":"Link Tilte ","link":{"url":"https:\/\/test.de","is_external":"","nofollow":"","custom_attributes":""}},"elements":[],"widgetType":"stm_pricing_plan"}],"isInner":false}]

The XML which I created from this array:
hidden link

<wpml-config>
<elementor-widgets>
<conditions>
<condition key="stm_icon_box">stm_icon_box</condition>
</conditions>
<fields>
<field type="title" editor_type="LINE">title</field>
<field type="content" editor_type="LINE">content</field>
</fields>
</widget>
<conditions>
<condition key="stm_pricing_plan">stm_pricing_plan</condition>
</conditions>
<fields>
<field type="title" editor_type="LINE">title</field>
<field type="price" editor_type="LINE">link>price</field>
<field type="price_affix" editor_type="LINE">price_affix</field>
<field type="label" editor_type="LINE">badge</field>
<field type="subtitle" editor_type="LINE">subtitle</field>
<field type="content" editor_type="LINE">content</field>
<field type="link_title" editor_type="LINE">link_title</field>
<field type="url" editor_type="LINK" key_of="link">url</field>
</fields>
</widget>
</elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

I also installed multilingual tools.

Hope you can find, what's wrong!

Thanks

Best regards,
Philipp

February 5, 2024 at 5:21 pm #15267743

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Philipp,

the correct config (from Multilingual Tools) would be this:

<wpml-config>
  <elementor-widgets>
      <fields>
        <field>title</field>
        <field>icon_size</field>
        <field>icon_line_height</field>
        <field>icon_height</field>
        <field>icon_width</field>
        <field>icon_width_wr</field>
        <field>content</field>
      </fields>
    </widget>
      <fields>
        <field>title</field>
        <field>price</field>
        <field>price_affix</field>
        <field>subtitle</field>
        <field>label</field>
        <field>content</field>
        <field>link_title</field>
        <field>link>url</field>
      </fields>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

The page shows the "gearwheel" icon, which means it's currently being translated. Please finish the ongoing EN translation so that this config can be loaded. It is best to finish it first, add it to the WPML Settings, and then make a minor change on the default language to get an update synchronized.

Best Regards
Marcel

February 6, 2024 at 7:19 am #15269093

andreasP-78

Hi Marcel,

I wanted to express my sincere gratitude for your help. I'm pleased to inform you that everything has been resolved successfully.

Once again, thank you for your exceptional assistance.

Wishing you all the best,
Philipp

February 13, 2024 at 10:39 am #15296775

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Philipp,

thanks for confirmation. We will get in touch with the authors so they can update their config file into their codebase. I recommend you reaching out to them too, so it can be included in their next update.

Best Regards
Marcel

andreasP-78 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-06 07:19:51.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.