Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.51 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 day, 6 hours ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
September 25, 2024 at 6:10 pm #16218044

skyE

Background of the issue:
Whenever I link to popups in Elementor, it seems I have to manually link to the translated version of those popups in each translated version of the page. Then, any time I make a change to the page and update the translations, those links revert back to the popups in the original language.

Symptoms:
Links to Elementor popups revert to the original language popups/links every time I update the page/translations.

Questions:
Is there any way to make those translated popup links 'stick' so I don't lose them every time I update the page/translations?

September 25, 2024 at 7:14 pm #16222349

skyE

Hey, I didn't want to leave the live site "broken" so I restored my backup. I'm going to copy the live site to Dev and send you a new link/access for that, so you can tinker there...

September 25, 2024 at 7:15 pm #16222351

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for that. I've enabled the private reply option so that you can share access to your staging site.

September 26, 2024 at 4:51 pm #16226847

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your patience.

I regret any inconvenience caused, but to proceed with troubleshooting, I kindly ask for a snapshot of the site. Alternatively, with your permission, I can create one myself. For this purpose, I typically recommend using the free plugin "Duplicator." If you're already familiar with Duplicator (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and simply send me the archive file you downloaded.

To guide you further, please adhere to these instructions:

1. View the Duplicator instructions video: hidden link

2. Consult WPML's instructions on providing supporters with a copy of your site: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

3. If the archive file exceeds 400MB, please use Duplicator's file filters to exclude cache, wp-uploads directory, media, and archive files.

Once you have the archive file ready, kindly share the link with us. You can utilize platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar for file sharing, as the snapshot file might be large.

Please note that your next reply will be private, visible only to you and me. You can paste the file link there. Rest assured that once the issue is resolved, I will delete the local site.

September 26, 2024 at 7:40 pm #16227404

skyE

Sure, you can try to create a snapshot of the dev site ( hidden link ) if that's what you mean -- I just tried and got a Host Build Interrupt error (see attached).

Thanks and lmk if you have any other questions.

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 12.39.48 PM.png
September 27, 2024 at 9:05 pm #16231277

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience. I've successfully downloaded a copy of the site and I will investigate this further on our dev end and will come back to you as quickly as possible.