Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing issues with translations being lost upon refreshing the dashboard page and difficulties adding some strings to the basket for translation.

Solution:
We recommended the following steps:
1. Create a minimal environment by deactivating all non-WPML plugins and switching to the standard WordPress theme.
2. Navigate to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and click on the button "Show custom MO Files Pre-generation dialog box".
Additionally, we emphasized the importance of backing up the database and website before proceeding, suggesting the use of the Duplicator plugin.

For the specific issue with the BABE plugin settings not being saved, we clarified that each language has its own settings and advised the client to switch languages using the language switcher at the top bar and save settings for each language individually, rather than using 'All languages'.

If these steps do not resolve the issue or if the solution does not seem relevant, please open a new support ticket with us for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
December 21, 2023 at 10:42 am #15108991

mohamed-amineA

Hello;

Following this thread from Christopher, I did the demanded steps, but I found an other issues, some string's translation are lost when I refresh the dashboard page, and some others can't be add to the basket.

Thread's link:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-chat-support-ticket-by-mohamed-aminea-1702892536/

Loom's video: hidden link

I want to give you access to the website and FTP, to check directly what happend on WPML.

Regards.
Amine.

December 25, 2023 at 4:48 am #15125383

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

Please try troubleshooting steps below and let me know if it helps:

1. Enable a minimal environment:
- Deactivate all non-WPML plugins.
- Switch to the standard theme of WordPress.
2. Go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Click on the button "Show custom MO Files Pre-generation dialog box".
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

December 27, 2023 at 11:13 am #15131779

mohamed-amineA

Hi Long;
Thanks for your help.

It works now, still have just one issue, I can't duplicate the number 0 from english to other languages.

Regards.
Amine.

December 28, 2023 at 3:12 am #15133575

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks

January 2, 2024 at 2:34 am #15139955

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I'm not sure why the translation zero value (0) is not saved. However, I see each language has its own settings. So no need to translate the babe settings in String Translation.
You can go to BA Settings > Switch language with the language switcher at the topbar and save settings for each language. Please check the screenshots attached.

Thanks

BA Book Everything Settings ‹ Zazer Travel — WordPress 2024-01-02 09-19-01.png
String Translation ‹ Zazer Travel — WordPress 2024-01-02 09-17-59.png
January 2, 2024 at 1:16 pm #15143579

mohamed-amineA

Hi Long,
Thanks for your answer.

It's not possible to do this on BABE plugin, if I use this way, I'll lost all settings after saving the whole translations.
I opened a ticket before to solve some issues on translating the settings of this plugin.

The only way is to translate them from the WPML strings translation section.

Regards.
Amine.

January 3, 2024 at 3:10 am #15145066

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I don't see the settings are lost after saving in each language. You can make a full backup and try this again.

The plugin "BA Book Everything" is not available in our list of compatible plugins, which you can check here https://wpml.org/plugin/
I suggest you contact the plugin author and ask them to join our Go Global program where our Compatibility developers will help them to make their product compatible with WPML.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

Thanks.

January 6, 2024 at 3:08 pm #15156798

mohamed-amineA

Hi,

If you update just one or two settings you don't lose them.
Once I add all settings on all languages, I lost all of them in all lnagues expect in english, and the english version was in french because it's the main language.

Your team mate helps me to add the strings to the basket, and tell me that we can't translate the settings on admin screen directly.

Regards.

January 8, 2024 at 6:55 am #15158236

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Once I add all settings on all languages, I lost all of them in all lnagues

It is expected because you are using All languages to save the settings. You should use a specific language as I mentioned above https://wpml.org/forums/topic/lose-some-translation-cant-add-some-others-to-basket/#post-15139955

You can contact the plugin BA Book Everything support and ask them if it is how it works with WPML and ask them to join our Go Global program where our Compatibility developers will help them to make their product compatible with WPML.

Thanks.

January 9, 2024 at 8:29 am #15163322

mohamed-amineA

Hi Long;

I contact the BABE support, they help me to fix the issue.

Regards.
Amine.

mohamed-amineA confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-01-09 08:29:15.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.