Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 70 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
April 1, 2024 at 12:54 pm #15469269

tannerT

Thank you Kor, I will apply the solution and let you know if that resolves the issue.

April 1, 2024 at 1:09 pm #15469287

tannerT

It didn't solve the problem as my url has become hidden link instead of hidden link.

The Remove Base option in Rank Math is to remove the /product/ base from the url.

Please look further into the problem. Here is my shop page hidden link please test random product pages to test your solution.

Thanks.

April 1, 2024 at 1:37 pm #15469467

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thank you for responding.

As stated in my earlier response here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/lots-of-broken-links-when-switching-between-the-language/page/3/#post-15465114, the problem seems to be linked to RankMath's "Remove Base" feature. Have you considered reaching out to RankMath support for further assistance? It seems this particular option is causing the product links to malfunction. They may be able to offer valuable guidance or provide a suitable solution to rectify this issue.

In the meantime, I'll escalate the issue to our 2nd Tier Support for a thorough review.

April 1, 2024 at 7:52 pm #15470685

tannerT

You have setup the website on localhost I believe, you can disable rankmath and test to see if it works without rankmath.

Let me know what you find.

April 2, 2024 at 11:31 am #15472479

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, this is the screen recording hidden link . I'm able to switch languages without issues once the RankMath "Remove Base" option is disabled.

April 2, 2024 at 12:48 pm #15472944

tannerT

I understand that, the product link in your video is wrong. The link of the elite product is redirecting to some wrong url. It is not even the correct product page. All of our products are listed here hidden link you can test random products from here.

hidden link instead of hidden link.

The Remove Base option in Rank Math is to remove the /product/ base from the url.

Why do I believe the problem is in WPML is because the removal of the shop base ("/product/") works fine without a problem, but somehow switching the language breaks the entire url it means WPML is not handling the redirection well. hidden link this product is even worst, it goes to a 404 page altogether.

I am not happy that after a week we are still discussing about the problem with no solution. WPML should be compatible with RankMath or any plugin that does shop base url removal.

Thanks.

April 2, 2024 at 6:36 pm #15474811

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for responding.

I regret the continued problem. Let's await feedback from our second-tier support, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

April 3, 2024 at 8:40 am #15476854

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

I will apply this workaround to your Website https://wpml.org/errata/rank-math-seo-remove-parent-slugs-option-causes-category-slug-translation-error-404/ to see if it fixes it. I will come back to you

April 3, 2024 at 9:01 am #15476913

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

The workaround doesn't seem to affect much. I've forwarded this back to our 2nd Tier Support for another look.

April 3, 2024 at 12:45 pm #15478465

tannerT

Hi Kor, sure. Hoping to get this sorted out ASAP. It's been a week now.

April 3, 2024 at 1:21 pm #15478653

tannerT

Additionally the fix you provided references "Product Categories" despite my original message containing redirect problems regarding an individual product. We are still awaiting a solution with detrimental negative results caused by WPML for over 7 days.

Quite ridiculous and this warning should be shared with others in sense of discouragement that if something does go wrong, you may just be out of luck for over 168 hours

And counting

April 3, 2024 at 1:26 pm #15478666

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication and delay in resolving the issues you raised regarding the redirect problems with an individual product.

I understand the frustration and inconvenience this situation has caused you and your team. It is unacceptable that you have been experiencing detrimental negative results due to the WPML issues for over seven days without a satisfactory solution. Please know that this does not reflect the level of service and support we aim to provide.

We are committed to rectifying this situation promptly and ensuring that you receive the assistance and resolution you deserve. Our 2nd Tier Support is actively working on identifying and addressing the root cause of the problem to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

I apologize for any inconvenience or discouragement this experience may have caused you. Your feedback is invaluable, and we will use it to improve our processes and communication going forward. Rest assured, we are dedicated to restoring your confidence in our services.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this matter.

April 3, 2024 at 1:41 pm #15478724

tannerT

Thank you for the cordial message. Please note that the time required for "Tier 2 Support" will be a direct representation of our publicly expressed satisfaction.

April 4, 2024 at 5:58 pm #15485251

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Our 2nd Tier Support has conducted a thorough investigation but unfortunately couldn't pinpoint the root cause of the issue affecting your website. They've suggested that I attempt to replicate the problem on our sandbox site.

I'll keep you informed of any developments as we progress.

April 5, 2024 at 3:24 pm #15488850

tannerT

Hi, please get into the root cause of the problem. With the website setup on your localhost, you should have been able to reproduce and fix the issue by now.

This is getting embarrassing now that it’s been so many days without a resolution.

The topic ‘[Closed] lots of broken links when switching between the language’ is closed to new replies.