Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.59 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 53 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lucas Vidal de Andrade 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
June 19, 2024 at 9:08 pm #15758745

nickF-8

Ok, but even if I want to work with Bluehost to resolve this, is there something more specific we can ask from them or tell them in regards to the problem apart from the user point of view of what the problem is?

Like a technical question in regards to something they can try?

Did you see my last question about the navigation bar with all the languages that is suddenly showing up all the way at the bottom of any page on the site?

June 20, 2024 at 5:16 pm #15765800

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Ok, but even if I want to work with Bluehost to resolve this, is there something more specific we can ask from them or tell them in regards to the problem apart from the user point of view of what the problem is?

Like a technical question in regards to something they can try?

As I said previously, unfortunately not. We have no errors, no messages, no relevant information that indicates anything worth investigating. The only thing we know is that it doesn't work specifically on your server and that BlueHost said your account is not WPML compatible.

Did you see my last question about the navigation bar with all the languages that is suddenly showing up all the way at the bottom of any page on the site?

Yes, I'm sorry I didn't answer previously. That's a footer Language Switcher I activated as a test. I removed it already, It has nothing to do with the issue.

June 20, 2024 at 6:42 pm #15766116

nickF-8

Ok, what if this problem just needs a reset to default (or a reinstallation) to fix everything , like restarting a pc? Could just be some weird stuff going on because the site was restored from a backup on a new server and the plugin might still think its on the old server.

June 21, 2024 at 1:05 pm #15775435

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

You could try restarting the server with Bluehost, but we don't have any indication that this would work. Restoring a backup would also work the same way.

June 21, 2024 at 1:39 pm #15775693

nickF-8

That could be an idea, trying to run a new site and see if it works. But as for reinstalling WPML for a clean install of the plugin, is that relatively easy? What are the steps to do that without losing any of the work and translations I have already done, and so that the reinstall just picks up from where we left off?

June 21, 2024 at 6:04 pm #15777754

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Yes, if you completely remove all WPML plugins and re-install them, you'll not lose any translations. Be sure to have a backup, nonetheless.

June 21, 2024 at 11:35 pm #15779571

nickF-8

Ok I need to think this over a bit. I guess we can close this ticket for now

June 23, 2024 at 12:36 pm #15794492

nickF-8

I just had a very strange thing happen today as I was posting a new post. I posted something and then as I was working on the translations, I checked the site to read them, and the language menu bar had disappeared from the navigation!

I checked and it had actually disappeared from the settings, so I had to recreate the language bar from new. And after I did that its working even worse than before, as in it points to the home page instead of the translation even faster than before. At least before it took a few times of changing language to reset, now not. Any ideas why this happened?

June 24, 2024 at 11:52 am #15806561

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey there,

No ideas, as we said, the issue is server related and not something stemming from WPML. I'll close this ticket for now. We'll be available if you have new questions or issues, we can help you with 🙂

The topic ‘[Closed] Menu bar links not working properly after moving to new host’ is closed to new replies.