This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

On my single product page, in my language switcher menu, all the options are visible, while this should be a dropdown menu. Why is this? And how can we fix it?

On my homepage I see only one flag, but I don\'t see the arrow down icon. Is this because the page is not yet available in other languages? Or is there also something wrong?

Solution:

1. This is probably happening because of your theme. It might be that the theme's menu can't display dropdown items. You can test if this is the case, by switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyNineteen.

2. The other issue is probably related to the fact that you don't have a translation for this page. This option is set in WPML -> Languages -> Language switcher options. It is probably set to 'Skip language' (default) on your site.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pieterV-20 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
October 2, 2019 at 11:45 am

pieterV-20

On my single product page, in my language switcher menu, all the options are visible, while this should be a dropdown menu. Why is this? And how can we fix it? (hidden link)

On my homepage I see only one flag, but I don\'t see the arrow down icon. Is this because the page is not yet available in other languages? Or is there also something wrong? (hidden link)

October 2, 2019 at 6:50 pm #4682797

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I can see the issue on your site.

1. This is probably happening because of your theme. It might be that the theme's menu can't display dropdown items. You can test if this is the case, by switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyNineteen.

2. The other issue is probably related to the fact that you don't have a translation for this page. This option is set in WPML -> Languages -> Language switcher options. It is probably set to 'Skip language' (default) on your site.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

October 6, 2019 at 11:25 am #4702271

pieterV-20

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!