Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 70 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
December 19, 2023 at 9:14 pm #15096689

Chainalysis

Hi Kor, it's been a while, so does the team have a status update? This is blocking our ability to use WPML for translations, and we have translated content that is not displaying properly for visitors due to this problem.

December 20, 2023 at 2:07 am #15097119

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for the delay. Our 2nd Tier Support reviewed and configuring the ACF flexible content to 'Copy' is the correct way to fix this and it's being tested multiple times.

However, we suspected that this could be related to your server cache and could you please create a new page to see if the translations work correctly now?

December 20, 2023 at 10:24 pm #15106093

Chainalysis

Hi Kor, I made the setting change and then attempted a translation, and the queue is still stuck even after I perform the WPML troubleshooting steps that include the WPML cache reset.

December 20, 2023 at 10:25 pm #15106095

Chainalysis

Are you seeing something different than me when you test this on Pantheon hosting?

December 21, 2023 at 8:01 pm #15113339

Chainalysis

Hi Kor, FYI, I'll be out of the office starting tomorrow afternoon, December 22nd, until January 2nd, for a company-wide holiday break.

So if you reply back tomorrow or while I'm out, could you please leave this ticket open until I'm back on January 2nd?

Thank you,
Joe

December 22, 2023 at 5:06 pm #15120809

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for the delays. I'll take another look at this and I will come back to you as quickly as possible.

December 25, 2023 at 3:01 pm #15126965

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for getting back to me.

I've reviewed the logs at this link: hidden link, and it appears that you didn't finish configuring the options when the WPML banner appeared, as indicated in the attached screenshot. This incomplete configuration has prevented you from completing the translation.

To resolve this issue, please make sure to regularly check the Translation Management page at this URL: hidden link and ensure that you complete the options displayed in the banner. This will enable you to resume the translation process.

Would you be able to attempt a translation of the page or generate a new page to verify if the translations are functioning correctly at this point?

Screenshot_472.png
January 2, 2024 at 3:04 pm #15143902

Chainalysis

Hi Kor, I'm back and I'll be in touch today about this. I'm replying to keep the ticket open, so that the bot doesn't close this case automatically. Thank you for understanding.

January 2, 2024 at 10:02 pm #15144851

Chainalysis

hidden link (4m 0s)

Hey Kor, this is part of a recurring bug since WPML 4.6.4 on Pantheon, where the address change prompt fails to detect the URLs correctly.

As you'll see in the video links above, WPML detects the change in address correctly at first, but then it quickly runs into problems.

You can make the prompts go away by choosing "yes" then "no", then "yes" then "no" again, as seen in the video. But this does seem to indicate an underlying problem in how WPML detects URL changes.

I'm going to refresh the environment again now, so that you can see the WPML address prompt bug for yourself.

January 3, 2024 at 9:57 am #15145704

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I'm able to see the issue now. Could you refresh the environment again? I'd like to escalate this to our 2nd Tier Support. Also, make sure the FTP access credentials remain the same.

January 3, 2024 at 3:13 pm
January 5, 2024 at 7:01 am #15153262

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I will escalate this to our 2nd Tier Support now. I apologize for the inconvenience and the delays.

January 8, 2024 at 4:14 pm
January 8, 2024 at 5:36 pm #15162298

Chainalysis

Hi Kor, in your video, I see that you're experiencing the same WPML domain detection bug at 17 seconds in, same as the video I shared with you.

Are you suggesting that we ignore this problem for now and focus on the content sync problems?

I suspect that this URL detection bug might be related to the ATE translation sync problems that we're having, but I don't know whether these are two separate problems or related to each.

Please let me know if you'd like me to reset the environment so that your team can continue to troubleshoot the domain detection bug, or if you'd like to skip that for now, and you'd simply like me to recreate the ATE sync bug on this environment?

January 8, 2024 at 5:45 pm #15162301

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your prompt response.

That's accurate. We can safely disregard the issue related to the "translation memory/credits" account sync. When we copy the site, it will only transfer the most recent translation memory to the new staging site.

When we move the site, both the translation memory and credits will be relocated together. Since our current objective is to copy the site for the purpose of investigating the translation issue, we can confidently overlook the problem indicated in my screen recording.

Now, let's focus on addressing the ATE issue for this specific page: hidden link. To recap, we are concerned about the missing button at the bottom of the page, as seen here: hidden link.

Our 2nd Tier Support has already reviewed this and recommended configuring the ACF flexible field as "Copy" here: hidden link. Additionally, they suggested creating a new page, hidden link, to test if the translation functions correctly there.

Could you give this another try?

The topic ‘[Closed] new translations fail to appear on a page’ is closed to new replies.