Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
December 22, 2020 at 11:30 am #7715663

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I could not reproduce the issue on the staging site, I am able to open Elementor editor on both languages without any issue.

Regarding Filebird DB update I am not sure whether it is a related as i can see the REST API path returns a 404 error hidden link the REST endpoint doesnot have an language parameter. Can you please disable WPML on this site so that i can check the issue with Filebird

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 4.53.24 PM.jpg
December 23, 2020 at 1:11 pm #7724043

patriciaS-18

Hey, thanks for trying, I see that it seems to work on that website, maybe because I forgot to remove my htaccess hack to redirect api endpoint with language parameters to the root.

I removed now the redirect rule and you can reproduce the error here on this website: fastighetsmassansyd-se, (you should see it in your websites now)

For Filebird (but also any other plugins using the API), the update works when I deactivate WPML, I did it many times.

December 24, 2020 at 7:15 am #7728205

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I checked in our development logs the issue seems to be extensive and there is a fix from our developers that is being tested out. The fix for the issue will be out after the Christmas and new year holidays. In the mean time i can pass on the latest WPML master plugin which might have the fix included. If it is okay with you, On the staging environment install and activate the latest WPML master plugin to check if the issue still persist.

Since I could not secure a copy of your site , I am requesting the test to be carried out from your end. Also remember to secure a backup of your site and database before you proceed.

Download latest WPML master plugin from : hidden link

Let me know if that helps.

Regards
Raja

December 28, 2020 at 2:38 pm #7742855

patriciaS-18

hello,
it does not help 🙁 I still have the same issue with this version of the plugin.

December 29, 2020 at 1:21 pm #7748455

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Seems like the fix is not included in the latest master, I see the issue is still being tested by the developers may be it will be available in our next release most probably after the New Year holidays.

I am marking the ticket as escalated to developer so that I can keeping track of this ticket and I will keep you posted once I have something to share with you.

January 20, 2021 at 12:22 pm #7887125

patriciaS-18

Hello, any news for me? We are currently not able to update our websites due to this.

February 3, 2021 at 5:12 am #7992555

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

The fix for this issue is included in WPML version 4.4.9 . Please try updating to the latest version from Plugins > Add New > Commercial Just in case if you don't see any update notice.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.