Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
October 3, 2023 at 7:52 am #14501967
nicolasE-10

Hello There, spend 15 hours in trying to translate my website ... really complicated .
First time i used WPML and i'm not really happy to be honest

2) On an other hand.
I have problems with Breadcrumbs , i can see the text, have translated it, but it stays in english in all languages ... You can see it at hidden link
It's the text below the menu : All Our Wall Art etcc included the 3 buttons ( Popular, Latest, Artist of the Month )

3) On the same shop page, when i switch to any language,(except english) all products images are not showing ...
Same problem with attribute archive of Artists for the thumbnail of the attribute .
( see original : hidden link and other language : hidden link )
Links are working, attribute filters are working, etcc but not images ...

Thank you for your help
Nicolas

October 3, 2023 at 8:14 am #14502087

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi Nicolas,

1) Please let me know how this section is added to the shop page. If it's an Elementor template, please make sure to translate the template.

2) Please edit the translated products in the dashboard and check if the images are copied. In order to do that, please go to Products-> All Products, switch the language from the top admin bar, and check the translated products.

Best regards,
Osama

October 3, 2023 at 12:27 pm #14504605

nicolasE-10

Thank you
so 1) it's in wordpress section Appearance -> Breadcrumbs .

Then here, i've got 4 differents breadcrumbs that looks like a template but it's not in the section of the templates. And I Did translated this breadcrumbs pages , i can see the 5 languages versions ( See screenshot )
The one i'm using and want to translate is Breadcrumb Shop

when i go to edit i have option to choose where to diplay the breadcrumbs. it's set up on Woocommerce Shope page for the 5 versions of the breadcrumbs

2) No i have the same thing that in front end. Images are missing when i do that
Please don't tell me i have to add a feature image and images gallery manually for each tranlations ...

Thanks

FireShot Capture 014 - Breadcrumbs ‹ Home Deco Wall Art Prints — WordPress - www.homedeco.art.png
October 3, 2023 at 12:38 pm #14504741

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Please edit the translated breadcrumbs template to check if they have the correct display option.

2) Please edit the product in the default language, enable the media options in the language side panel, and update the product. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

After that, please check if the images are copied.

Best regards,
Osama

2023-10-03_15-37-43.jpg
October 3, 2023 at 1:00 pm #14504875

nicolasE-10

1) I did and yes they have the right display option.
2) I don't have this media attachment option ... don't see it.

Thank you

October 3, 2023 at 1:01 pm #14504907

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

October 3, 2023 at 2:11 pm #14505801

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Thanks for the access details. If this breadcrumbs section is added by your theme, please login to this sandbox site and upload your theme. (hidden link)

After that, please create one breadcrumb template and translate it to replicate the issue.

2) I was able to fix the images' issue by installing the WPML Media Translation plugin. Please check them and let me know if they work correctly.

Best regards,
Osama

October 3, 2023 at 2:35 pm #14506077

nicolasE-10

1) will try that ...
2) well, it has fixed the image for products, but has made more problems ...
hidden link look at the attribute filter , it has duplicate all the attributes artists, color, and orientation.

Also i'm not able to modify the attribute section in woocommerce multilangual : hidden link
when i chose an attribute, it's not displaying the strings

Last, if i go to an artist profile like here hidden link, i can't switch language anymore ... only English is available ...
Thanks

October 3, 2023 at 2:44 pm #14506177

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Please check if the attributes and artists work correctly.

Best regards,

October 3, 2023 at 3:00 pm #14506357

nicolasE-10

Better but Not really ... will try to explain :
Here : hidden link when i select artists attribute, looks like only Homedeco is translated . the others are not.

When i go to front end in French here : hidden link
-Iguana Nick is displaying correctly and Says 1 poster (which is normal)
-Homedeco is NOT displaying correctly and Says 1 poster ( which is normal)

- If i go to Artist profile for Iguana Nick, it shows thumbnail and banner, but says there's no poster for this artist ( it should show the 1 poster )

- - If i go to Artist profile for Homedeco, it does NOT shows thumbnail and banner, but show the products correcly
Thanks

October 3, 2023 at 3:04 pm #14506375

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Could you please translate the other artists and check the issue? If it's the same, please let me know.

Best regards,

October 3, 2023 at 3:15 pm #14506603

nicolasE-10

Ok now as i was expected, they all react the same means we see the products, but not displaying the thumbail or banner image

hidden link
compared to hidden link

We came back to the same issue i had in the beggining for this part.

October 3, 2023 at 3:27 pm #14506725

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I set the fields to copy and updated the artists in the default language, which fixed the issue. Would you please check the translated artists and let me know if they work correctly?

Best regards,

2.jpg
October 3, 2023 at 3:31 pm #14506765

nicolasE-10

Yeah !! Looks good Thanks !
Still Breadcrumb translate to fix ... Thank you

October 3, 2023 at 3:33 pm #14506777

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Please replicate the breadcrumbs issue on the sandbox site and let me know to check it and escalate it if needed. (hidden link)

Best regards,
Osama

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.