Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 6:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 6:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 6:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 15:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 15:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 15:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 4 days, 13 hours ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
June 15, 2024 at 10:47 am #15741662

yohannJ

Background of the issue:
When I navigate on my website whenever I have something in my cart the slider cart is coming automatically whenever I go to a different page.

It only happen if I have something in my cart AND WPML Multilingual CMS is activated. When I turn off the plugin the issue is gone.

Symptoms:

Questions:

June 15, 2024 at 5:11 pm #15741939

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Can you please verify if at WooCommerce > Settings > Products the option to "Enable AJAX add to cart" is enabled?

Also, could you please increase your WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:

PHP Memory Limit 1024M
WP Memory Limit 40M
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

Now, verify the current settings at WPML > Support > WordPress. Then complete the translation again.

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, which means, with a default theme and no other plugins installed.

If this will still not solve the issue, please let me know. In this case, I can offer a WPML Test Site on which you can install the latest version of the Shoptimizer Theme so that we can take a closer look at the issue and try to find a solution.

Best regards
Andreas

June 16, 2024 at 3:28 am #15742211

yohannJ

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

The option to "Enable AJAX add to cart" is enabled.

I increased WP memory limit as requested. I also put the last version of Shoptimizer.

The issue is still here, the issue is coming with FunnelKit Cart plugin AND WPML, when I disable one of them the issue disappear.

Best regards,

June 18, 2024 at 1:06 pm #15749233
yohannJ

Also the font is not working properly on my other domain being translated.

Here is the answer from my host rocket.net:
"Unfortunately we do not support what you're trying to do. You're using one installation wtih multiple domains and trying to share assets between them.

At this time, our platform does not support CORS on fonts/static assets due to how our CDN caches items.

Each domain MUST load assets from their own URL."

New threads created by Andreas W. and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-font-loaded-over-cdn-not-available-on-second-domian-cors/

June 18, 2024 at 4:23 pm #15750113

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

As we only handle one issue per ticket I have moved the font issue into a new ticket on which I will reply to you shortly. You will get notified via e-mail about it.

For the cart issue:

I will try to replicate this issue on a new test site using the following plugin and then get back to you:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/cart-for-woocommerce/

Best regards
Andreas

June 19, 2024 at 9:26 am #15754435

Andreas W.
Supporter

Please login to the following test site and try replicating the issue by using the same settings for "FunnelKit Cart for WooCommerce" as used on your website.

If you can replicate the issue, please drop me a comment.

If the issue does not occur in a minimal setup on this test site, please proceed with the following test:

Create a copy of the site and try running the site with minimal setup to see if the problem persists:

1) Disable any additional plugins unrelated to WooCommerce, Funnel Kit Cart for WooCommerce and WPML and our add-ons. Now test again.

2) If the issue remains, switch to a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One to see if the issue might be related to the theme.

3) If this still does not clarify what is causing the issue, start reactivating the plugins one by one or activate them in small groups. Do this to check where the problem is reoccurring to see which plugin is causing the problem.

Once we have been able to identify the cause, we can then attempt to replicate the problem and then escalate it internally. For this purpose, we will use the test site that I provided.

In case the issue persists while testing with a default theme and only WPML plugins, then I need access to your site for further investigation.

If you are having issues with running those tests, then please let me know and I will offer you my assistance.

June 22, 2024 at 4:36 am #15781995

yohannJ

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your assistance, I will try and get back to you.

June 22, 2024 at 7:11 am #15783304

Andreas W.
Supporter

If you need assistance with running those tests, let me know and I will help you.

It would be ideal if you could provide access to a staging site, but if you can not provide such a site, I can offer to install the plugin "All In One Migration" on your site and create a copy for testing it on localhost.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to the site to investigate the issue further.

The required fields are below the comment section when you log in to leave the next reply. The information you provide is private, meaning only you and I can see and access it.

IMPORTANT
Please be sure to back up the site and database before granting us access.

If you cannot see the "wp-admin / FTP" fields, your post and site credentials will be set to "PUBLIC". DO NOT publish the data unless you see the required wp-admin / FTP fields.

I may need to install a plugin called "All In One WP Migration" here to create a copy of the site that I can use to investigate the issue further.

However, I would also be very grateful if you could provide a staging site or copy of the website from your server for this purpose.

If you have any questions about creating such a staging site, you can consult your hosting provider. Please note that WPML must also be registered on this staging site at https://wpml.org/de/account/websites/.

If you are not able to provide such a copy of the website for testing, please let me know on this ticket.

The private reply form looks like this:
hidden link

The next time you reply, click on "I still need assistance".

Video:
hidden link

Please note that we are obliged to request this information individually on each ticket. We are not allowed to access any credentials that were not specifically submitted on this ticket in the private response form.

June 24, 2024 at 6:44 am #15803287
yohannJ

I'd like to take advantage of the fact that you have access to my site to point out a new error: the footer of the contact page is not translated, even though the footer is translated on the rest of the website.
The page is accessible at site.com/contact from my translated site.

New threads created by Nicolas Viallet and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-slider-cart-coming-automatically/

June 25, 2024 at 4:53 pm #15823265

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Hello,

Andreas will be off for a few days. I will take care of your ticket so that you don't have to wait.

I logged into your test site but I couldn't reproduce the issue. Here is a video of my intervention, please let me know if I missed something:
hidden link

Please remember that I changed the URL format in "WPML > Langues" to be able to access the English version as the secondary domain was still pointing to your real English domain.

June 25, 2024 at 5:14 pm #15823459

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello again,

I have created a new ticket regarding the footer issue: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-slider-cart-coming-automatically/

Let's continue the conversation there.

June 26, 2024 at 10:34 am #15832608

yohannJ

Hello Nicolas,

Thanks a lot for the answer, I also contacted funnelkit who are working on my site, and sometimes it's working sometimes it's buggy so I will wait for an explanation on their side and get back to you after. Maybe they will be able to solve it because it's a problem that was happening with Funnelkit AND WPML activated.

June 26, 2024 at 4:06 pm #15835789

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Bonjour,

D'accord, j'attends donc votre retour soit avec une solution soit avec les étapes précises à suivre pour reproduire le problème.