Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 16:00 10:00 – 14:00 10:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 17:00 – 21:00 15:00 – 19:00 15:00 – 19:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 4 hours, 41 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 1, 2024 at 10:46 am #16239754

jorisR-3

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate the 'read more' text on this website hidden link and the strings are not showing up anywhere. I have already tried all the documentation.

Symptoms:
Some Uncode parts are not translated.

Questions:
How can I translate the 'read more' text on my website?
Why are the strings not showing up in WPML?
Page URL with issue: hidden link

October 1, 2024 at 12:46 pm #16240477

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

I am not sure which exact steps you have followed but the proper way to translate strings depends a lot on how they have been implemented inside the theme/plugin.

Please try both methods that I will mentione below and see if any of them resolves the issue.

Method 1:

Go to WPML > String Translation and at the bottom of the page you will find a checkbox called "Look for strings while pages are rendered". You can enable (check) that and then go to the front end to a page where you have that string showing up and then go back to WPML > String Translation and search for that string and see if it now shows up.

Method 2: If you can't find them inside the WPML > String Translation, they might be added as admin text strings.

This should be the normal process to find and translate admin text strings:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#translate-admin-and-settings-strings

Please let us know how that goes.

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei