Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client needed assistance with a popup design in translations that was not displaying correctly on the Homepage header, despite following previous instructions that worked for other pages.

Solution:
We recommended the client to add an XML configuration code to translate the popup ID of icon items in the Icon List widget on the homepage. Here is the code to use:

<widget name="icon-list">
  <fields-in-item items_of="icon_list">
    <field>text</field>
    <field key_of="__dynamic__">link</field>
  </fields-in-item>
</widget>

After adding this code, the popup in the header should work correctly on the homepage. We asked the client to recheck the issue.
For further guidance, we provided a link to the documentation on how to register page builder widgets for translation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If you're still experiencing issues, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you need further assistance, please contact us in the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
March 10, 2024 at 12:46 pm #15392552

sipsik

Hello!

The string translation issue is fixed. However, I still need assistance with one instance of the popup design in translations.

I have followed the instructions from a previous ticket and managed to correct all instances of the popup design but the one in the Homepage header (Image 1, opens from the button Rent a Bus). It is strange because the same header is displayed on the whole site and on all the other pages the popup design displays correctly (Image 2, example from the Services page).

The instructions were the following: The workflow is:
- Edit the template or the page > Make a small change to the title/content > Save.
- Update the translation > In Advanced Translation Editor > Search for the popup ID > Translate the ID > Complete.

The ID-s for the popups are EST 5323, ENG translation 6286, RUS translation 6895.

Please help.

March 10, 2024 at 12:47 pm #15392553

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

I checked the previous ticket and the video my colleague shared and I am not sure what might be the problem. I checked the front end and the CSS styling is not loading for the popup.

I can also take a look into the dashboard, but as the ticket is set as resolved the login information is deleted automatically by the system.

I'd appreciate it if you could give me the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard after you make sure that you have a backup of your website.
It is absolutely important that you give us a guarantee that you have a backup so if something happens you will have a point of restore.

Make sure you set the next reply as private.

March 11, 2024 at 10:19 am #15394124

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

I can see the issue. Somehow it only occurs on the homepage, not on other pages. I'm trying to investigate the issue further and update you here when I have something to share.

Thanks.

March 12, 2024 at 3:05 am #15397654

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

On the homepage, there is a widget Icon List which also has the link to open the popup. I use the XML configuration code below to translate the popup ID of icon items:

<widget name="icon-list">
  <fields-in-item items_of="icon_list">
    <field>text</field>
    <field key_of="__dynamic__">link</field>
  </fields-in-item>
</widget>

then the popup in the header also works on the homepage. Can you please recheck this issue on your end?

Refer documentation
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

Advanced Translation Editor - WPML 2024-03-12 10-01-55.png
March 12, 2024 at 6:42 am #15397748

sipsik

Yes, it works. Thank you so much for the help and guidance!

sipsik confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-12 06:42:35.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.