Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing several issues: 1. Translated check-in pages stop working after booking a product. 2. Text and links are not updating on some pages. 3. Translators need to save translated pages multiple times for changes to take effect.
Solution:
We recommend the following steps to resolve these issues:
1. Ensure all plugins and themes are updated to the latest versions.
2. Make a minor edit to the original page (e.g., add a blank space) and save it.
3. Update all translations by adding any missing translations and saving again.
4. Navigate to WPML > Settings and click on Translate Link Targets.
After following these steps, check the pages again to ensure everything displays correctly in the translated versions.

If this solution does not resolve your issues or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If problems persist, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lucas Vidal de Andrade 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
July 15, 2024 at 1:29 pm #15954717

carstenN-8

Some of the other issues we have.

1. If you book one product and you are redirected to the check-in page, the page stops working. This only happens with the translated pages.

See pic 1 and 2.

2. Text and links are not updating on some of the pages, as an example see pic 3,4 and 5
Link to the page: hidden link

3. Translators have to save and complete the translated page multiple times before the translations are saved.

July 17, 2024 at 11:47 am #15965975

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey,

On another ticket, I've asked you to restore the staging version, with the most current version of your website. I need this to make sure that I'm checking the same issue and can provide you with the best solution.

Please let me know.

July 22, 2024 at 4:38 pm #15988049

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

I was able to solve the issue in the staging version. It looks like it was an specific bug with this specific translation, on the "About Koh Tao" page. Please make a full website backup and follow these steps:

1. Update all your plugins and themes to the latest version;
2. Make a small change to the original page. You can add a blank space to a text and save.
3. Update all translations by adding the missing translations and saving;
4. Go to WPML > Settings and click on "Translate Link Targets";

Check again the pages, now everything should show properly translated.

July 24, 2024 at 9:27 am #15997174

carstenN-8

It worked, thank you!

carstenN-8 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-24 09:27:01.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.