This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 29, 2019 at 7:32 am #4478233

michaelL-95

Hello

On my site how to i translate free text that is not part of a page ore anyting else?

hidden link

hidden link

Please advice

August 29, 2019 at 9:31 am #4479241

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

The section you have mentioned in screenshot is usually added either from the theme options or from the customizer, in any of the cases it can be translated from WPML > String translation.

- Goto WPML > String Translation
- Search for the string you wish to translation in your case the text in the top bar
- In case if you don't find the string then it should be added from the admin texts which needs a few more processing. I will help you add them to the string translation table.

Documentation : https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Let me know if you can handle this. If not, I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the temporary login details for your site.

KInd regards
Raja

September 2, 2019 at 5:54 am #4494541

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

The text is available for translation under the domain "admin_texts_nm_theme_options".

- Goto WPML > String translation
- Select the domain "admin_texts_nm_theme_options"
- The top bar text will be available undre the name . "[nm_theme_options]top_bar_text"
- Transalate the text , click Translation is complete and hit save
- Make sure the translation status changaes from Not translated to complete

I hope this would solve your issue.

Kind regards
Raja

September 3, 2019 at 2:40 pm #4505527

michaelL-95

Awasome thanks - and how do i do thes field?

prntscr.com/p19onn

September 4, 2019 at 10:29 am #4510059

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Please refer to the detailed documentation on how to translate forms created using MailChimp for WordPress https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/

I hope that helps you solve the issue.

Kind regards
Raja

September 4, 2019 at 3:02 pm #4512417

michaelL-95

Thanks, however i use another Mailshimp plugin.

I look under the plugin in string translation and the text is not there.

I used it here in a form. hidden link

September 5, 2019 at 11:14 am #4518689

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I check verified again it is the same plugin developed by ibericode.

The MailChimp form cannot be translated from String translation it should go through Translation management

1) Go to the WPML -> Translation Management page and use the filter controls at the top to select Sign-up Form from the first dropdown menu. Then, click the Filter button, which will display a list of available sign-up forms.

2) Select the forms you want to translate. in your case its Submitfooter

3) In the Translation options section, select the Translate option for each language.

4) Click on the Add selected content to translation basket button

5) From WPML > Transaltation Management > Translation Basket Assign it to the translator

6) The job will be available at WPML > Transalation where you can complete the translation of the form

A detailed step by step is already available in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/