Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported that taxonomy types and sort functions on the Inventory page were not translating.
Solution:
We resolved the issue with the sort functions by:
1. Navigating to WPML >> String Translation page.
2. Searching for the specific strings such as "Jaar".
3. Assigning the correct source language using the 'change the language of selected strings' dropdown.
4. Adding the correct translation in English.

For the taxonomy labels on the inventory page, we:
1. Added the following XML in WPML >> Settings > Custom XML Configuration section:

<key name="stm_vehicle_listing_options">
      </key><key name="*">
        <key name="single_name"></key>
        <key name="plural_name"></key>
      </key>

2. Returned to the WPML >> String Translation page.
3. Searched for the required strings one by one and assigned the correct source language following this documentation: how to change the source language of strings
4. Added the translations.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
September 22, 2024 at 8:46 am

stephanosP

Background of the issue:
I noticed that I did not reply to the latest question in https://wpml.org/forums/topic/string-from-theme-options-doesnt-appear-translated/page/2/. There an issue was resolved on the listings page where the taxonomy types did not get translated. I stated that the 'Inventory' page had the same issue, but seems I never responded to it. Just wanting to re-open the ticket basically. Inventory pages are here hidden link. Here you can see it says Carrosserie, Brandstof, Jaar, Kilometerstand and Motor. However these do not translate. The same for the sort functions where some remain the same.

Symptoms:
Taxonomy types and sort functions on the Inventory page do not translate.

Questions:
How can I ensure that the taxonomy types on the Inventory page are translated?
Why are some sort functions not translating on the Inventory page?

September 22, 2024 at 9:11 am
September 27, 2024 at 8:11 am #16228755
stephanosP

Hi,

Just updated everything but even more things that broke now on single listing page. The manual fix from https://wpml.org/forums/topic/string-from-theme-options-doesnt-appear-translated/page/2/ was also gone, had to put the code back (and it was in a different place this time 😉 )

Luckily that still worked when replacing it again.

Now on the single listing page the headers also don't get translated. "Overzicht" - "Locatie", "Contact" and also information below "Contact" is all in dutch.

So now it's the above issue and the issues on the "Aanbod (NL - Fine)/Gamme (FR)/Inventory(EN)" pages.

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-headers-dont-get-translated-on-the-single-listing-page/

September 29, 2024 at 10:30 am #16233011

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Sorry for the delay, I was off during the weekend (Friday-Saturday). Thank you for updating the theme and plugins.

1. I understand that you’re now encountering additional issues, especially on the single listing page where the headings like "Overzicht," "Locatie," "Contact," and the information below "Contact" are not being translated.

Since we typically handle one issue per chat/ticket as per our support policy, So. I've created a new ticket for this at: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-headers-dont-get-translated-on-the-single-listing-page/

2. To take a closer look at original Inventory page strings translation issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to deactivate and reactivate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is essential.

Thank you

September 29, 2024 at 10:53 am
September 30, 2024 at 9:16 am #16235054

Noman
Supporter

Thanks for providing the login details. I’m able to translate the strings on inventory page sort function section by following the below steps:

1. Went to WPML >> String Translation page.
2. Searched for the “Jaar” string.
3. Assign the correct source language using change the language of selected strings dropdown as you can see in the attached screenshot.
4. Added the correct translation in Enlgish language and the issue is gone.

I’m still debugging the label translation issues on inventory page search results section as you can see in the attached screenshot and will get back to you with an update soon.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience

search results labels translation problem.png
Jaar - wrong source language.png
search function labels.png
September 30, 2024 at 4:44 pm #16237271

Noman
Supporter

I’ve followed the below steps:

1. Added the below XML in WPML >> Settings > Custom XML Configuration section:

<key name="stm_vehicle_listing_options">
      <key name="*">
        <key name="single_name"/>
        <key name="plural_name"/>
      </key>
    </key>

2. Went to the WPML >> String Translation page.
3. Searched for the required strings one by one, assigned the correct source language by following this doc: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/how-to-change-the-source-language-of-strings/
4. Added the translation.

Now, it seems to be shows the correct translation at frontend as you can see in the attached screenshot, you can update the translation from here: hidden link

Please let me know if this resolves the issue or if you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience

year translation.png
strings are translated.png
September 30, 2024 at 8:09 pm #16237590

stephanosP

Hi, seems that did the trick indeed. Thanks a lot. Had some few more to translate but once doing so it worked fine.
Additional things like the dropdown on top wasn't translated the way it was supposed to either, but this worked just fine now.

Thanks!

stephanosP confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-30 20:09:45.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.