Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported that the 'Update Translation' button was missing from the Dashboard->Updates section.
Solution:
We clarified that the 'Translations' section and the 'Update Translation' button in the Dashboard->Updates will only be visible if there is an update available for the plugin/theme strings or if they are missing in the frontend. We recommended checking the attached image for reference on how the 'Update' button should normally appear in the 'Theme and Plugins compatibility with WPML' section. For further details on updating theme and plugin translations, visit the following documentation: Updating Theme and Plugin Translations.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend opening a new support ticket. Additionally, please check related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, you can also contact us directly at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 29, 2024 at 4:04 pm #15858376

安 漢成

PS.
Dashboard->Updates
There is no update translation button

15857559-20240629_QA1_3_1.png
June 29, 2024 at 4:48 pm #15858490

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

I have created a new ticket for the easy follow-up of this problem. According to our support policies, we can only discuss one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing of multiple things in a ticket.

Please check the attached image. Normally in the Dashboard>>Updates page there will be only a *Update* button in the *Theme and Plugins compatibility with WPML* section. Please have a look at the attached image for more details.

The same button is showing in the screenshot shared by you - hidden link

Please note, the *Translations* section in Dashboard>>Updates will be only visible if there is any update in the plugin/theme strings or it is missing in the frontend.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#update-theme-plugin-translations

If you are still having the issues, please share more details for the better understanding of the bug you are having.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2024-06-29_22h13_27.png
June 30, 2024 at 7:24 am #15861613

安 漢成

Dear Bigul,

Thank you for your reply.

I apologize, I didn't fully understand.
I misunderstood that it would always be visible.

So, I will close this ticket.

Best regards,
an

安 漢成 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-30 07:24:00.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.