This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.90 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 29, 2019 at 6:03 pm #4302727

felix

i understood using wpml can translate string but I also try to edit mo file directly. do you have any ideas I 'd like to change default English string, which file should I edit? as I cannot find something like default_EN.mo file. thank you for your suggestion.

July 29, 2019 at 8:18 pm #4303387

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Currently there's no a feature to change the default language strings unless you change it in the source code of your theme or plugin that outputs the string/text you need to change. Regarding the file you need to change it will depends on which string you need to change? Is it coming from your theme our some third party plugin? Most code editors offer a feature to make a global search for any text inside your theme/plugin files, in the case of plugins, please, note you would loose your changes in case of plugins updates. Please, let me know if any additional instructions or clarifications are needed, have a nice day.