Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are trying to translate WooCommerce variable products, but images, variations, and some meta data are missing in the translated products.
Solution:
If you're experiencing this issue, we recommend you try the following steps:
1. Navigate to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Attributes tab.
2. Select the attribute from which the variation was created.
3. Click the Synchronize attributes button at the bottom.

Next, go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings tab, click on the Troubleshooting link (bottom right), and select:
- Sync products variations
- Fix translated variations relationships

Click Start to synchronize variations across languages.

If the issue persists, navigate to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page and press:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Synchronize posts taxonomies (select 'product' and 'Variation')
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Set language information

This solution might be irrelevant if it’s outdated or not applicable to your case. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.09 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gabrielT-11 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
July 26, 2024 at 8:59 pm #16009796

gabrielT-11

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate WooCommerce variable products on my site hidden link. Everything seems to be properly set.

Symptoms:
The images, the variations, and some meta data are completely missing in the translated products.

Questions:
How can I ensure that images, variations, and meta data are included in the translated WooCommerce variable products?

July 29, 2024 at 7:31 am #16014070

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support. Sorry for the delay in responding due to the weekend.

I understand the issue you're having. When translating a product, the variations should also be translated and copied to the translation, ensuring they appear correctly.

If the translated product is not showing variations, please follow these steps:

1. Go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Attributes tab.
2. Select the attribute from which the variation was created.
3. Click the "Synchronize attributes" button at the bottom.

Next, go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings tab > Troubleshooting link (bottom right) and select:
- Sync products variations
- Fix translated variations relationships

Click "Start" to synchronize variations across languages.

If the issue persists, go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page and press:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Synchronize posts taxonomies (select 'product' and 'Variation')
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Set language information

Please let me know if the steps above help in solving the issue with variation on the translated product. if you need further assistance, I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

July 29, 2024 at 9:37 am #16014910

gabrielT-11

Helo Prosenjit,

Thank you for your extensive answer.

I manage to make everything working properly by resetting WPML. The only issue I am facing still, is that product variations have no images (this issue is still part of the main issue of this topic).

If I go to the main product and I manually click on "update", then the images are showing, but I have thousands of products.

Is there a way to make variation thumbnail show up when the product is translated/duplicated?

I followed your steps but unfortunately not all languages are having variation images. 1 language has it and the other one not.

Thank you.

July 29, 2024 at 11:24 am #16015531

gabrielT-11

Hello,

Going back to my issues, in translate products I was missing:

- Product image
- Variation images
- Stock

On top of it, when i translate any product, the variation in the original product were disappearing.

How I fixed everything:

I stopped using WPML Advanced Translator. What I do now is, I duplicate the products to other languages, then I export them, translate them, and import them back.

Everything is just absolutely perfect now.

I spent days trying figuring out all these issues, and apparently they all came from the WPML Advanced Translator.

Thank you for your help.

July 29, 2024 at 11:40 am #16015715

gabrielT-11

Duplicate content and then translate it makes the whole process flawless. WPML Advanced Editor unfortunately won't work as expected.

gabrielT-11 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-29 11:40:52.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.